* TEXAS Cruisers *

fun and breezes 2

Welcome to the crowd Charlotte... Hubby doesn't look familiar, but there are a lot of controllers around. I've been retired from ZFW for two years, and LOVING it... :D

I transferred here from LAS in July 07, eligible in less than two years but wont go until 55 1/2 maybe 56 depending on our plans. What were your initials at ZFW?

I'm from a little town called Rosebud. I taught school here 21 years and my husband (a non cruiser) is a farmer and rancher.

thanks for asking.

Nancy

where about is rosebud? sorry that your dh is not a cruiser:(

Hi Jerry;

I was known as VT and worked East Departures most of the time. Before they split it up I also worked the northeast arrivals. Spent close to 15 years as the regional safety rep and did a lot of national stuff... I miss the safety stuff, but as a friend says, I miss the clowns but not the circus <G>...:eek:

Hi Jerry;

I was known as VT and worked East Departures most of the time. Before they split it up I also worked the northeast arrivals. Spent close to 15 years as the regional safety rep and did a lot of national stuff... I miss the safety stuff, but as a friend says, I miss the clowns but not the circus <G>...:eek:

I will ask around at work if anyone remembers you, I am JV, got here in July 07 and love it here. But like you said I am getting sick of the circus too, have less than 2 years unitl eligible but not likely to go for 7 more.

Hi! My name is Nancy and my friend Clarie and I love to cruise. We have been to Alaska and to the Carribean twice. We have always gone on NCL, but will be sailing out of Galveston on the Conquest 11/1/09. Clarie is a widow and I am married to a farmer who hates water (except to bathe) so we have a good time. I like going on NCL out of Houston, but am sure we will love Carnival too. Does anyone know of any cruises leaving from Houston in the near future?

Nancy

Hi Nancy, I love the Caribbean. It's my favorite destination. It's too bad we can't get to the Eastern Caribbean out of Galveston. The Conquest sounds like a great cruise.

Karen

Hello everyone, I wish that they did do an Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Galveston too, it would be nice, or even a Southern Caribbean too. I have been on the Conquest a few years ago, it was my first cruise and it was a very nice ship.

Hey Chick - So how was it? I want to enjoy your cruise vicariously. Can't wait to hear all about it. Please give details....

Karen

Hi Karen - yes, we are home and back to work today. We had a good time and as I have mentioned before, "even the worst cruise is better than no cruise". I thought the Liberty was by far one of the most beautifully decorated of all the CCL ships I have been on and the service and food were better than they have been on my past 6 cruises; but the ports and weather were a little bit the pits. We had 2 full days of rain, which I have never experienced before in all my 21 cruises. It rained all day in HMC and all day in Grand Turk.

St. Thomas was gorgeous as ever and San Juan was well, San Juan. We were so terribly dissappointed in Grand Turk. That was one of the main reasons we booked this itinerary was for Grand Turk, even giving up St. Maarten (which is our Fave!) and it was horrible. I did not like it at all.................for some reason, Chuck and I don't even feel like we have been on a "real" vacation. Sorry, I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, just dissappointed.

Chick.

Hi Karen - yes, we are home and back to work today. We had a good time and as I have mentioned before, "even the worst cruise is better than no cruise". I thought the Liberty was by far one of the most beautifully decorated of all the CCL ships I have been on and the service and food were better than they have been on my past 6 cruises; but the ports and weather were a little bit the pits. We had 2 full days of rain, which I have never experienced before in all my 21 cruises. It rained all day in HMC and all day in Grand Turk.

St. Thomas was gorgeous as ever and San Juan was well, San Juan. We were so terribly dissappointed in Grand Turk. That was one of the main reasons we booked this itinerary was for Grand Turk, even giving up St. Maarten (which is our Fave!) and it was horrible. I did not like it at all.................for some reason, Chuck and I don't even feel like we have been on a "real" vacation. Sorry, I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, just dissappointed.

Chick.

We were on the Liberty in April and we too loved it, the crew and crews director all did a good job for us as well. Sorry to hear that you had so much rain on your cruise and not a good time in Grand Turk.

Hello all you great Texans!

I have been lurking on the CC board for the past 2 wks, and I just found this site today. Love it!

There sure alot of us Texans on here. So great.

I bid and won a "cruise voucher" on Ebay of all places. it is for any cruise listed (there were about 15 when I booked) and it takes care of all taxes/port charges and the cruise for 2. It was for CCi, RCI, Celebraty

We have not cruised in 6 yrs, and only cruised about 3 other times in the past 23 yrs.

I booked the S Caribbean for April 2010.

We actually just returned from San Juan last month. Stayed there, had a blast.

I wanted to do the cruise, but our air miles did not flow with the cruise.

So, I guess 10 months out, I was able to do the air and cruise.

I am sure I will asking questions and reading this thread for the next 9 1/2 months.

See ya on the boards!

Hello all you great Texans!

I have been lurking on the CC board for the past 2 wks, and I just found this site today. Love it!

There sure alot of us Texans on here. So great.

I bid and won a "cruise voucher" on Ebay of all places. it is for any cruise listed (there were about 15 when I booked) and it takes care of all taxes/port charges and the cruise for 2. It was for CCi, RCI, Celebraty

We have not cruised in 6 yrs, and only cruised about 3 other times in the past 23 yrs.

I booked the S Caribbean for April 2010.

We actually just returned from San Juan last month. Stayed there, had a blast.

I wanted to do the cruise, but our air miles did not flow with the cruise.

So, I guess 10 months out, I was able to do the air and cruise.

I am sure I will asking questions and reading this thread for the next 9 1/2 months.

See ya on the boards!

Congrats on winning the voucher, well done!

Excelent indeed, I didn't even know they have them on EBay, but then what don't they have one EBay??? Welcome to the fray here with all the other crazy Texans, and I see you are a fellow Metroplex person. There is another thread on here with folks just from the Metroplex.

regards

Scott

Excelent indeed, I didn't even know they have them on EBay, but then what don't they have one EBay??? Welcome to the fray here with all the other crazy Texans, and I see you are a fellow Metroplex person. There is another thread on here with folks just from the Metroplex.

regards

Scott

Hey Scott what is the link for that thread for the Metroplex?

• 2 weeks later...

welcome to all the new folks. Or maybe you should be welcoming me. It has been a few months since I have posted. We were on our last cruise in April and had a great time. Just me and the hubby. But My Dear Daughter-in-law came into the office yesterday with this "I want to go on a cruise" look in her eye and it has infected me. Then my husband (James) emailed me a picture of a beach this morning and it said" Don't you wish you were here?" Well that little email is gonna cost him to dip into his pocket. SO I am looking to see what is out there. Wish me luck. Unfortunately is not the money so much as him being available. Darn him. Why does he have to work all the time.....oh yes so we can take cruises. I almost forgot. Well all those of you that have planned cruises soon have a great time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived