Is it me or are the Breakfasts in dining room lacking?

Truck Cruiser

Let's play a little game: If you were the food and bevarge director, what would you put on the menu that wasn't allready on it?

I would introduce other omelette ingredient options (vegetables!) - the three choices of plain, cheese & ham is pretty restrictive. I would offer an Eggs Florentine (with spinach instead of Canadian Bacon) option along with the Eggs Benedict. I don't eat meat, so these would be very welcome additions. Of course, I'm not UNhappy with the selections as they stand - this would just be a way to make things even better...

I would introduce other omelette ingredient options (vegetables!) - the three choices of plain, cheese & ham is pretty restrictive. I would offer an Eggs Florentine (with spinach instead of Canadian Bacon) option along with the Eggs Benedict. I don't eat meat, so these would be very welcome additions. Of course, I'm not UNhappy with the selections as they stand - this would just be a way to make things even better...

I have ordered omelettes with eveything.....which includes ham, cheese, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms......

Hi

I heard many times that the breakfast in buffet ( Lido I guess) - is the same every day. Is it so? Or they change the selection on the daily bases?

Also I'm wondering what kind of free drinks ( I refer to juices, tea, coffee) are available and when?

I know that some prior cruises offered orange free drink in the morning or fruit punch, and then it changes depending on the time of the day.

What happens now?

I'm mostly interested in Carnival Liberty, going there for Western Caribbean - June 13, can not wait!!!!!!

The main things that they switch up in the Lido buffet area are:

tater tots / hash browns

grits / oatmeal

pancakes / french toast

Those tend to alternate day by day. The rest is pretty much the same.

I've got no complaints about the choices, but I WOULD love to see some crepes offered - that was one thing I looked forward to each day on our NCL cruise. They actually offered them in the evenings on the lido deck, and they were delicious!

And I am one that loves eating breakfest in the DR, but am the only one in my family that does. I love the eggs benedict, so I usually go alone.
Heh. Well then, we'll probably see each other once or twice on the Destiny :)

- Steve

They will make you a veggie omelette.

I get them with everything except meat and cheese.

No spinach in there though...

I like Cotton's idea of the sticky buns.

I do love good cinnamon rolls.

Years ago they had them on RCCL, maybe they still do, big cinnamon buns with golden raisins...mmm

Brioche would be a nice change from all that flaky pastry.

And I remember seeing a daily breakfast special at one time, but it seems to have been discontinued.

My only complaint about the dining room breakfast is the OJ.

Sooo watered down I couldn't drink it.

Wow, I have always found the OJ to be so so good. Almost like fresh squeezed! Our only complaint is they didn't leave a picture of the OJ on the table for us.:D

Is that on the menu, though? I thought the menu specified only three kinds of omelettes -- plain, cheese, and ham. If they'll make it but you have to order off the menu, I'd never do it. It makes me feel uncomfortable (like I'm being too demanding and high-maintenance) to do that...

Is that on the menu, though? I thought the menu specified only three kinds of omelettes -- plain, cheese, and ham. If they'll make it but you have to order off the menu, I'd never do it. It makes me feel uncomfortable (like I'm being too demanding and high-maintenance) to do that...

No, you can get any combination of the omelette goodies that you want...in the dining room anyway.

I asked the first time and the waiter said it was no problem. Since then I have probably had a veggie omelette 30 times.

I like Cotton's idea of the sticky buns.

I do love good cinnamon rolls.

Years ago they had them on RCCL, maybe they still do, big cinnamon buns with golden raisins...mmm

Brioche would be a nice change from all that flaky pastry.

And I remember seeing a daily breakfast special at one time, but it seems to have been discontinued.

No, it's just you...breakfasts are fine.

No, it's just you...breakfasts are fine.

Did you intend to address to Truck Cruiser, the OP of this thread?

I was just answering a question about being able to get an omelette without ham and cheese.

And commenting on Cotton's suggestion of cinnamon rolls.

I did not open up the topic and I did not present the question.:)

I always found it sufficient. To be honest most of the time I just go to lido deck to get breakfast, but the times I go to the dining room they seem to have most staple breakfast foods covered (pancakes, french toast, eggs, bacon).

Cinnamon buns would NOT hurt though.

I'm one of the complainers...lol!

Why would I order a different juice??? I wanted OJ. And not watered down OJ.

But I rarely eat breakfast in the DR and I can live with OJ, so not a big deal. It's just that if I order OJ, I don't want it so watered down. It's like drinking orange colored water and does not taste good at all.

Just add vodka;)

Compared to our Holland America cruises that have wonderful breakfasts with alot of variety in their buffets, I think the Carnival buffet breakfasts are very tedious and boring. Same old, same old. DH and I don't care for the Carnival dining room breakfasts either. We think overall HAL dining is just superior to Carnival anyway.

Archived