Help....cruising with toddler

mondsd

Hello,

we will be going to Alaska in July with my 13 month old daughter, and wanted to know how is it cruising with an infant? is it a hassle taking off the stroller and especially the car seat at each port if you have a excursion? or does the cruise line provide car seats?? also do they have high chairs on the ships?? I have cruised many many times but just not with a child, so this is all new to me... any information you can provide would be very helpful

Thanks

Hello,

we will be going to Alaska in July with my 13 month old daughter, and wanted to know how is it cruising with an infant? is it a hassle taking off the stroller and especially the car seat at each port if you have a excursion? or does the cruise line provide car seats?? also do they have high chairs on the ships?? I have cruised many many times but just not with a child, so this is all new to me... any information you can provide would be very helpful

Thanks

You may get better answers at the Family Cruises thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49.

Good luck!

Hello,

Thanks

Princess doesn't provide car seats nor strollers. You can get a high chair for meals.

We have taken the stroller when we've sailed from our local port (when we can drive to it), but not the time we've flown. On our last two cruises, when our daughter still needed her booster seat, we were able to take it apart, tie the two parts with rope, and stash it in a large duffle bag that hubby carried on to the cruiseship. But we didn't take it off at ports.

One thing to be aware of is that your car seat might not fit in all taxis. One option would be to just go ashore in those ports that the dock is right there in the city, so you can just walk around. Stay aboard the ship when it's a tender port or if going into the city means using transportation.

Our now nearly 2 1/2 year old daughter has been on 4 princess ships, starting as early as 6 months old. We never found any issues traveling with her. We have brought the car seat, her stroller that accommodates her car seat, as well as an umbrella stroller. The only issue we've had was finding room in the closets to accommodate all her "extra" necessities.

Princess does not supply car seats, nor do they supply strollers. You can get a crib in your stateroom (although we've found that takes up too much room and just all sleep in the bed). You can also request baby/toddler food and juice that they will supply for you. You must request the food via letter to Princess. You can find the fax number on the cruise personalizer.

On our upcoming cruise in May, we will have our 2 1/2 year old, as well as our 8 month old son with us. We are debating whether or not to bring our "limo" double stroller, or just take 2 umbrella strollers.....

Have a great trip!

On our first cruise with our children they were 6 months and 2 1/2 years. We left the car seats in the car at port and we took on an umbrella stroller for my 6 month old. The umbrella stroller was great for space and easy to maneuver throughout the ship. We also brought a small blow up tub for baths. My husband blew it up when we needed it and we just left it on the ship when we left. This made bath times so much easier for them even though our room had a tub. We used the childrens pool on the upper deck many times and they really enjoyed this. Bring lots of single packs of wet ones (the one with the benzoid ingredient). You can bring these with you all over the ship (and ports) and wipe your kids hands off whenever they touch things, especially before they eat. Wet ones will kill the noro virus (i've read on previous post). These can be bought at local grocery stores, target, walmart, etc. Have a great time.;)

Archived