Wadali cats

JPNROB

almost any cruise passenger who has been on a catamaran trip while in Antigua has been out on one of the wadadli catamarans. Wadadli has five cats which run non stop when there are a bunch of ships in town. Most companies that do biz with the ships have their tours called something else by the ship, so most people woldn't hear the name wadadli cats. In most cases you will not be able to book with wadadli cats directly either unless you are doing a private charter. They are the best of the traditional catamaran cruises and have been in operation the longest.

I don't think there are any catamaran tours in Antigua that sail very much on the tour. Sailing catamarans use their engines most of the time especially when they are doing those 3 hours tours. Check the excursion list for your ship the day it's in port to see what catamaran tours they have. I'd bet that they are using wadadli cats and that it's a 3 hour trip. Always book the longer trip as you stand a better chance of actually doing some sailing with the engine switched off.

We used them. No 'real' sailing when we went with them. They had the sails out and they kept the motor running. Also, they took us to a reef that was overrun by jellyfish and wouldn't take us somewhere else. The beach they took us to was very secluded, but very murky. I wouldn't use them again, but there must be people out there that have been satisfied customers.

I went on a Wadali Cats tour in February and loved it! There was plenty of shade and sun on the boat. It was easy to go down the steps and get in and out of the water to go snorkeling. No jellyfish that day. Then we went to a beach for a relaxing dip in the water. Pretty empty beach - not too many vendors came by. I don't know why they bothered - I left all my stuff including money on the boat. They did turn off the engines and sail for a bit. Lots of music and rum punch. After a few drinks, a congo line dance around the deck seemed like lots of fun.

Archived