Comfort Suites Nassau

lrcno

I've seen many of you post that you get a room at the Comfort Suites to get access to the facilities at Atlantis Resort. How do you go about this? Do you have to book one night there or is there a special day rate? I have an excursion booked for the morning of our first day there but I'm interested in spending the 2nd day at Atlantis before we leave to return to Port Canaveral.

Thanks

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
until 5/24/04 Sovereign of the Seas

Yes,

You can book a room on line at [url="http://www.choicehotels.com"]www.choicehotels.com[/url] or [url="http://www.comfortsuites.com"]www.comfortsuites.com[/url]. Just plug in Paradise island in the destination space and they will show you the rates for your dates.

The Comfort Suites is owned or partially owned by Sun International(owners of Atlantis).Rates vary from $125- 275 per night depending on dates. For example we stayed 8 days /7 nights during feb. president's week 2003 and the rate was $132 per night plus a survice charge of like $7.50 per person and tax. I was just there a few weeks ago off the Norwegian Dawn (which I highly recommend!) and it was $207. Still worth it for a family of 4 for an entire day at Atlantis.

Hope this helps

OK I guess im confused? To get priviledges at the Atlantis hotel you book a room at the Comfort Suites and then what. You cant check in till what 2 or 3 so do you book for the night before or book for the day your in port and dont you have to check out at like 3. Do they not have day passes for Atlantis like some other hotels have?

Hi guys,
You book a room at The Comfort suites the day that you will be in port (Book the room in advance because it may be sold out). To my knowledge there are no day passes. You are booking the room. Even though check in time is like 3pm- you may check in at anytime and they will give you your Comfort Suites/Atlantis cards immediately even if your room is not ready. Our room was available at 9am on 4/9/04. I advise to tell them at the desk that you are on a ship so that you wish to check in and check out now! This way you can spend more time in Atlantis and you don't have to come back to the front desk to check out later. You walk across the street with your Comfort suites/Atlantis card and go to any pool area where you will get an Atlantis bracelet and your towels. Once you have your bracelet-you are set for the day. There is no difference whether you are a guest of Atlantis/Harborview Condos , Comfort Suites or Ocean club- you wear the same bracelet-which will give you full access to everything in Atlantis. The cab ride from the ship is $4 pp and takes 10-15 minutes. Same price but alittle longer(for some reason) on the way to the ship. Our Ship, Norwegian Dawn pulled in at 8 am and left at 6pm. We got to Comfort Suites at about 9am- had our chaise lounge by 9:30 and left Atlantis to head back to ship at about 5:00pm.
It was well worth it!

Ditto above, worked great. However, I did not check out when I checked in and made the walk back to do that. It was a pain. Although it is across the street, we found it to be a bit of a hike to get chaises over by the slides. Keep this in mind if you have an elderly person, or someone who doesn't get around easily. Atlantis grounds are huge!!!!

Jenn

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lrcno:
.....................but I'm interested in spending the 2nd day at Atlantis before we leave to return to Port Canaveral.............

Thanks

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ircno-
I am pretty sure that you arrive in Nassau on Wednesday at 7 am, and leave Nassau at 1 am on Thursday. Meaning that you do not have a second day at Nassau. Someone correct me if I am wrong. It is my impression that there is a day at sea on route back to Port Canaveral.

Addie--you are correct. The way they print the ininerary it looks like there is 2 days in Nassau but it is 1 day, leaving at 1 AM. I remember last fall lots of folks were complaining about this as they didn't understand that the last day was an AT SEA day.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;09;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400[/img]
Mariner of the Seas

Addie, I realized the 1AM thing later after I typed the OP. My excitement is imparing my ability to read and comprehend at the moment! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks everyone for the replies.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;5;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
until 5/24/04 Sovereign of the Seas

Has anyone ever really "stayed" at this hotel for a land vacation? I am planning a mother daughter trip for my 18 year old daughter and myself for the first week in July -- prior to her leaving for school in the Fall. She really wants to go to the Bahamas and I am try to find something somewhat reasonable. I am looking at both land and the Sovereign or Majesty. Are there any reasonable restarants within walking distance to the Comfort Suties Nassau?

Archived