New Job/Bacon Server

I used the forks from the sasuage station beside the bacon to get my own bacon, and you would have thought I set the ship on fire!!!

You can waste a ton of other food, but take one more strip of greasy, paper, bacon, and holy cow!

It was the last bacon I had for the week, it was terrible!!

I'm just off a B2B on the Liberty and I was a little upset about being handed two pieces of bacon...So I finnally found the food & Beverages Manager and asked him what was going on...He told me that there was a lot of bacon being left on plates and they decided to try passing it out themselves...I also spoke to the assistant manager in the buffet and he told me they should give you more bacon if you asked but it was like pulling teeth....I asked for more and they just looked at me funny but the assistant manager always spoke to me every morning to ask me how things were going....Dennis

I just don't understand this. If someone wants 6 pieces of bacon for breakfast then give them 6 pieces of bacon. Seems like if you can order as many entrees in the MDR as you want. You should be able to get as much bacon as you want.

On Glory last week we were able to get as much bacon at one time as we wanted. There was a person serving bacon, as well as ham and sausage, but I just asked her for more bacon as my husband is a bacon lover.

I agree that too much of the food is wasted and I personally think it's a good idea for Carnival to serve the breakfast meats. As mentioned earlier in this thread there are those who pick through the whole tray of bacon to get the perfect slice as well as those who take a ton and leave it on their plates.

I also noticed that no one served the scrambled eggs. Guess people don't take too much of them huh? Anyone who wants my share of them is welcome to them, lol.

There was a lot of nickel and dimeing on these cruises...My sister bought drink coupons and they made her sign a drink check for 39 cents, they said the drink she ordered cost more than the coupon was worth....no music around pool deck lots of days and no music in supper club.....Dennis

Unfortunately' date=' the fish aren't paying for the wasted food, we are.

I'm all for it. It will stop the hogs from taking more than they can eat because it's free....and leaving much of it uneaten on the plate.[/quote']

I agree. It is shameful to see how people waste food at a buffet. Someone who has to ask for more bacon will more than likely eat it instead of wasting it. :)

...because it's free....
Since when? We all know there is no such thing as a free lunch, come on.

I think it's funny how food threads usually end up the with the most replies covering polar opposite opinions. I swear it causes more heartburn than politics. I do know one thing - never get between people and their food :D.

FWIW, I can't see the problem. Ask for more and you can get it apparently. Where's the issue? Sounds like Carnival is exercising some sense in this case.

Archived