Tracy arm and dog sledding???

californiacruiseluvrs

My family is booked on the Regent Seven Seas Mariner this summer. We are wondering if we can do both the Tracy Arm excursion and the Juneau dog sledding. Does anybody have any experience with this?

The ship arrives in Juneau at 0100pm and the Tracy Arm excursion meets up with the ship at 0130pm in Juneau.

I know this is a very specific question and appreciate a response.

Thanks!

My family is booked on the Regent Seven Seas Mariner this summer. We are wondering if we can do both the Tracy Arm excursion and the Juneau dog sledding. Does anybody have any experience with this?

The ship arrives in Juneau at 0100pm and the Tracy Arm excursion meets up with the ship at 0130pm in Juneau.

I know this is a very specific question and appreciate a response.

Thanks!

You must not realize- your ADD on Tracy Arm tour, will be leaving that morning DIRECT from your ship. Sail Tracy Arm, then arrives back in Juneau at 1:30pm a half hour after your cruiseship. You certainly have all the rest of your port time for your touring choices, including the dog sledding. IF this is glacier dog sledding, also, be certain to have back up plans and know what else is of interest to you in this port. It is the most canceled of all Alaska tours.

We have not done the Tracey Arm trip with that timing option but Tracey arm is very beautiful and well worth it for the price. budget Queen is right about the high dog sledding cancellations. We have been to Alaska a couple of times and were canceled the first time but then went with another company the next trip and were able to go. My (huge) suggestion is to book the dog sled that is located on the Herbert Glacier. It is the most Northern glacier that has dog sleds and because of it's lower rain area it is less susceptible to weather cancellation. Our agent ( Discovery Excursions ) let us know that it rains something like 90in. downtown, 50 something at the Mendenhall, and 30 something out near the Herbert Glacier. You can look at a map and see that the topography opens up a lot more the further north you go in Juneau. Also the herbert glacier company automaticly offered us the sightseeing option as a backup alternitive if we got cancelled which was very nice being that the flightseeing was otherwise sold out on the ship.

Archived