Just Booked the Dream for January 16!

frayedend

I'm very excited!!! We just booked 3 cabins cat 8E Deck 9 for the January 15 sailing from Port Canveral. I've never been on Carnival before. It looks really cool. The water slide looks awesome. It will be my wife and two kids (6 and 8), my 17 year old nephew and his friend, and my sister and mother in-law.

Things I'm looking forward to...

Letting my kids run around and not having to watch them.

Sending my kids to camp carnival every day all day and night so I can have a "me" vacation.

The awesome coffee in the buffet that I've been hearing so much about.

Getting my eggs benedict and all I can eat bacon sent to my room (I'll pretend I'm a platinum cruiser).

The fruit punch (I can smuggle in tons of rum in my carry on, can't I?).

The free sea sick pills they give you (I'd like to stock up on those).

That's about all I can think of right now. Maybe you all have some ideas for me. Can't wait!!!

Hey..I'm going to book the Dream for Feb 20th, 10 and am SO excited. It will be myself, my hubby and two boys, 8 & 10 (at the time). I am having such a dilema weather to book the inside (for a good deal) or the Balcony, which we have never done before. AAH..help!!! I would LOVE to surprise them all with the balcony but it's an extra $700.00 and I am concerned with the kids and the balcony. What do you think???

Thanks for any input..I'm going crazy here!! LOL!;)

Hey..I'm going to book the Dream for Feb 20th, 10 and am SO excited. It will be myself, my hubby and two boys, 8 & 10 (at the time). I am having such a dilema weather to book the inside (for a good deal) or the Balcony, which we have never done before. AAH..help!!! I would LOVE to surprise them all with the balcony but it's an extra $700.00 and I am concerned with the kids and the balcony. What do you think???

Thanks for any input..I'm going crazy here!! LOL!;)

I've done both. I will say that we kept so busy on the cruise that we really just weren't in the room too much. The balcony was a nice touch, but definitely not necessary. I'd save the money and keep it for using on the ship. We usually did early dinner and the show after (that was on Royal Carribean, not sure how Carnival does it) and this kept us busy until almost 11 PM.

That being said the balcony became very useful to me when I snored so much that my wife kicked me out of the room. :) That's why this time I'll be "chaperoning" my nephew and his friend in an inside cabin while my wife and kids are across the hall with a balcony. Sister in-law and MIL will also be in a balcony a few doors down.

Oh yeah, the other thing is that other than a little privacy on your own balcony, there's not much different about going out on one of the decks where there aren't a lot of people, grabbing a lounge chair with a pina colada and just relaxing instead of going to your room for the balcony.

"Letting my kids run around and not having to watch them."

I hope you are kidding about this!

"Sending my kids to camp carnival every day all day and night so I can have a "me" vacation."

So why are you bringing them at all?

"The fruit punch (I can smuggle in tons of rum in my carry on, can't I?)."

No fruit punch offered on board anymore.

"The free sea sick pills they give you (I'd like to stock up on those)."

Again, kidding, right?

Gizzy02 - we have been cruising balcony cabins with our girls since they have been 4 and 7. Of course, they were always supervised on the balcony. They quickly learned the rules, and we never had a problem with safety. While your kids are older, establish rules to be followed at ANY railing on the ship, and you shouldn't have any fears. If you can swing a balcony, do it! Nothing like it, and it gives you an extra "room" for you to enjoy at night when kids are asleep, etc. We will be on Dream a few weeks before you, and also can't wait!

"Letting my kids run around and not having to watch them."

I hope you are kidding about this!

"Sending my kids to camp carnival every day all day and night so I can have a "me" vacation."

So why are you bringing them at all?

"The fruit punch (I can smuggle in tons of rum in my carry on, can't I?)."

No fruit punch offered on board anymore.

"The free sea sick pills they give you (I'd like to stock up on those)."

Again, kidding, right?

Gizzy02 - we have been cruising balcony cabins with our girls since they have been 4 and 7. Of course, they were always supervised on the balcony. They quickly learned the rules, and we never had a problem with safety. While your kids are older, establish rules to be followed at ANY railing on the ship, and you shouldn't have any fears. If you can swing a balcony, do it! Nothing like it, and it gives you an extra "room" for you to enjoy at night when kids are asleep, etc. We will be on Dream a few weeks before you, and also can't wait!

I am thinking she said all in jest. Like we should add that I can't wait to wear my swimsuit or jeans to dinner in the Main dining room.

I am thinking she said all in jest. Like we should add that I can't wait to wear my swimsuit or jeans to dinner in the Main dining room.

Yeah, it was just a joke based on some of the recent threads. I'm a "He" :)

Good to see it was in jest. Must be the time of year - spring fever setting in, and everyone getting "jumpy." Enjoy your cruise - we'll try to keep the Dream in one piece for you!

I hope you both keep the Dream in one piece because we will be there in February.:p

I'm very excited!!! We just booked 3 cabins cat 8E Deck 9 for the January 15 sailing from Port Canveral. I've never been on Carnival before. It looks really cool. The water slide looks awesome. It will be my wife and two kids (6 and 8), my 17 year old nephew and his friend, and my sister and mother in-law.

Things I'm looking forward to...

Letting my kids run around and not having to watch them.

Sending my kids to camp carnival every day all day and night so I can have a "me" vacation.

The awesome coffee in the buffet that I've been hearing so much about.

Getting my eggs benedict and all I can eat bacon sent to my room (I'll pretend

I'm a platinum cruiser).

The fruit punch (I can smuggle in tons of rum in my carry on, can't I?).

The free sea sick pills they give you (I'd like to stock up on those).

That's about all I can think of right now. Maybe you all have some ideas for me. Can't wait!!!

Dang, I was just grabbing the popcorn to enjoy while I watch this flamming, but you admitted you were joking...so disappointed!!

Well, please, whatever you do, make sure you use your towels resourcefully...make sure you drape them in your deck chairs on Lido before going to bed!!

We will be getting off the Dream the same day you get on, will try to leave you some bacon :D

Archived