Carnival -Freedom 03/22 - 03/28/09

T2188na

Hello,

Going on the Freedom this Sunday. Last minute scramble.

We are in our late 40's pretty laid back. Wife's Bday is March 24! Flying from DTW to FLL.

-Looking for any tips on what to expect or on-board tips. Trying to avoid chaos with the crowds to a degree.

-Shopping at the Pier?

-Place to eat & have an cold drink while waiting for our luggage to arrive at our cabin?

-Places to visit in Key West - First time there. Sites to see?

-Cayman - Would like to go to a beach and lay in the sun w/tropical drinks and just relax, walk in the beautiful water - not sure where to go to.

-OCHO RIOS - would like to do the beach also. Somewhere safe. It's a crazy place I hear.

Could go on ship planned excursions but if there are alternatives without Carnivals inflated $. No big deal if we have to.

Thanks

Category 8D. Deck: Verandah Balcony.

Hello,

Going on the Freedom this Sunday. Last minute scramble.

We are in our late 40's pretty laid back. Wife's Bday is March 24! Flying from DTW to FLL.

-Looking for any tips on what to expect or on-board tips. Trying to avoid chaos with the crowds to a degree.

-Shopping at the Pier? No shopping at the pier in FLL. If you want to stock up on water, soda or something stronger;) you will need to stop on the way to the pier. Make sure to pack the something stronger in your checked bag instead of your carryon or it will be confiscated. Also, there will be plenty of shopping at each port of call.

-Place to eat & have an cold drink while waiting for our luggage to arrive at our cabin? When you board, go to the Lido deck (deck 9). There will be a buffet lunch or you can grab a burger at the grill. Drink stations will be here too. Also, there will be servers offering you the drink of the day (alcoholic) but you will be charged for this.

-Places to visit in Key West - First time there. Sites to see? Haven't been here yet, but I've seen a lot of recommendations for either the Old Town Trolley Tour or the Conch Train. They both take you past many of the local places of interest. I think on the Old Town Trolley you can get off and then back on at any spot. Also, a lot of people do a pub crawl here which you can book through Carnival or just walk around town & do on your own.

-Cayman - Would like to go to a beach and lay in the sun w/tropical drinks and just relax, walk in the beautiful water - not sure where to go to. Either Sea Grape beach or the Royal Palms is a quick taxi ride. You can rent chairs/umbrella or just pick a spot & thrown down your towel.

-OCHO RIOS - would like to do the beach also. Somewhere safe. It's a crazy place I hear. Since your trip is so close, you may want to book through Carnival here.

Could go on ship planned excursions but if there are alternatives without Carnivals inflated $. No big deal if we have to.

Thanks

Category 8D. Deck: Verandah Balcony.

What a nice way to spend your wife's birthday. :) If you want to order a cake or some decorations for your cabin, contact the Formalities shop onboard.

Have a great cruise!

For Ocho Rios, I booked through Marva Shaw, and she was very speedy and efficient in her replies. Will be doing the Tubing, Falls, and a Beach break.

Joanne

Thanks for the info!

Our plane gets in at 1:40 and the boat takes off at 4pm.

Like to stop at a store to get some water and something stronger along the way. Is there a safe place along the way to get the taxi to stop and I can go in and pick up something quick?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info!

Our plane gets in at 1:40 and the boat takes off at 4pm.

Like to stop at a store to get some water and something stronger along the way. Is there a safe place along the way to get the taxi to stop and I can go in and pick up something quick?

Thanks again.

There should be several places you could stop. I would just tell the taxi driver what you are looking for & I'm sure he will know the closest place to stop.

In case you didn't know, I just wanted to let you know that you will need to be on board a minimum of 60 min before sailing time. This is so that Carnival can submit the passenger manifest to the gov't. If you have not filled out your fun passes online 3 days prior to sailing, you will need to be there 90 minutes before sail away.

Archived