Ice Cream Bar on Spirit

kimmariecarr

Hi everyone,

I was looking at pictures of the Sprit, and I noticed that there is an ice cream bar by the pool. Can anyone tell me if this is a pay venue? Also, I am interested in the hours of the ice cream bar and if soft serve ice cream is available. Is self serve available anywhere on the ship?

Just can't beat cold ice cream in the hot caribbean sun!

KimMCarr

Hi everyone,

I was looking at pictures of the Sprit, and I noticed that there is an ice cream bar by the pool. Can anyone tell me if this is a pay venue? Also, I am interested in the hours of the ice cream bar and if soft serve ice cream is available. Is self serve available anywhere on the ship?

Just can't beat cold ice cream in the hot caribbean sun!

KimMCarr

Ice Cream bar is free on NCL, open Noon to 5 on the Alaska trip. No self serve,cannot remember if it was soft or hard.

Kim:

We were on the 11/14 Spirit 5 day cruise. We did not go to the ice cream bar by pool, but I saw a Haagen Daas sign so I assumed you had to pay for it. However, hard ice cream was served from lunch until just before dinner in Raffles.

The ice cream bar by the pool is just ice cream bars, etc. and cost about $2 each. I asked if they could make a shake but they said no, the blender was just for smoothies (which cost also). The free ice cream is in Raffles (on my cruise it was on the aft deck in the afternoons). It is hard ice cream (just vanilla and chocolate). They do have other varieties on the menu in dining room. I did not see any soft ice cream.

Actually, on our cruise, there were 3 flavors served everyday in Raffles. I believe that vanilla was always a choice, but the other 2 flavors varied: chocolate, strawberry, lime sherbet, butter pecan, rum raisin, etc.

Archived