Is it just me or what?

Mbouck1

I also had a problem with our cabin stewards often forgetting to leave ice at night. We did the same thing...run up to the buffet to fill our ice bucket. I definitely thought the quality of cabin service had declined.

I think that is your personal experience as I was on your sailing and had awesome service. My ice bucket was filled twice a day and I never asked for it. Just to let you know, but it sounds like your steward was the issue.

I think that is your personal experience as I was on your sailing and had awesome service. My ice bucket was filled twice a day and I never asked for it. Just to let you know, but it sounds like your steward was the issue.

I agree it was an issue with the individual steward, but I have seen more and more reports of this type. The stewards have more rooms to service than they did years ago, so I'm sure the increased workload contributes to the problem.

I agree it was an issue with the individual steward, but I have seen more and more reports of this type. The stewards have more rooms to service than they did years ago, so I'm sure the increased workload contributes to the problem.

That's understandable. It's too bad our weather wasn't better, my poor ice bucket never had a chance to melt those last few days :)

No actually we went through Sams Club Travel as we always do and typically get good pricing but for some reason though this itinerary is expensive. And believe me I am not happy being demoted :mad:the suite life is sweet. We are hoping as the sail date gets closer we will see a drop in price. Fingers Crossed

Bermuda sailings are very, very expensive. Don't know why yet (we're going there this June) but hopefully we'll love it as much as everyone says we will.

Regarding pricing, I still believe that other then some exceptions, NCL's prices are usually lower then Carnival, and much lower the RCL. For example, our sailing out of Baltimore to Bermuda is approx. $1000 each for an AB suite for 7 days. RCL has a 5 day out of Baltimore, for an inside cabin @ $799.00. To me, that's outrageous.

Bottom line is that I think you can get good deals on all the cruiselines on occasion. It just depends on particular sailings and dates. But overall, NCL is much better priced.

CG

Bermuda sailings are very, very expensive. Don't know why yet (we're going there this June) but hopefully we'll love it as much as everyone says we will.

Regarding pricing, I still believe that other then some exceptions, NCL's prices are usually lower then Carnival, and much lower the RCL. For example, our sailing out of Baltimore to Bermuda is approx. $1000 each for an AB suite for 7 days. RCL has a 5 day out of Baltimore, for an inside cabin @ $799.00. To me, that's outrageous.

Bottom line is that I think you can get good deals on all the cruiselines on occasion. It just depends on particular sailings and dates. But overall, NCL is much better priced.

CG

Interesting!!....Let me hypothesize: These are very desirable because they are VERY easy to get to. We'll take a less-than-optimal cruise just to go out of NYC--it's simply a drive to the port--easy to get to, easy to get home from.

We did a CTN from Boston, and while that's a 3 1/2 hour drive, it was still FAR better than flying--we'd do the same from Philly (2 hours) or even maybe Baltimore. We are thinking of taking Amtrak overnight to Florida at Xmas rather than flying because flying to and from Florida at the holiday is hellish.

We just got off the Navigator of the Seas (RCI).

Soda cards were $6 a day so similar in price. We opted out since we are trying to cut down on soda. I really didn't miss it at all.

Our tiny ice bucket was filled once a day but we probably could have asked for it more often if we needed it. However, we rarely saw our cabin steward and didn't see him at all the last two days. We had to leave the tip envelope in the room.

Specialty dining was available on RCI as well and while some were cheap (Johnny Rockets), some were quite expensive ($25 a person). We opted out and enjoyed the food in the dining room.

The buffet was not open as often as we would have liked (closed in the afternoon and late night) but we could get pastries and tiny sandwiches on the promenade deck. I found the buffet great for breakfast, good for lunch, but lacking for dinner. Some of the food was overcooked and bland. Some was okay.

Drinks were outrageous..but its a vacation. The gift shops were always trying to sell you something. Regular coffee was free but specialty coffee and ice cream was an extra charge. You could get frozen yogurt but it was often closed or the machine was empty.

So really..they all nickel and dime you. We are considering NCL for our next cruise because we can save over $200 or get a better cabin. Even if we eat at the sushi specialty place every night, we still will spend less than with RCI.

I think it all comes out in the wash. Now, if we loved dressing up all the time, which we don't, then RCI would be our choice. But we are eager to try a ship where the clothes you wear to dinner are less important than the conversation. ;)

Archived