found camera in St Thomas

candizfan

Wow! Well I'm sure hoping this is OUR camera! We lost our Canon Powershot A400 the last day of our cruise when we were at Coki Beach!.. We contacted the tour operator to see if it was left on the bus, but no such luck. My husband sat down on a big rock to put his shoes on before boarding the bus, and thinks he's forgotten to pick the camera up. It's in a black soft plastic case. I was so upset about the fact that we'd lost all our cruise pictures. Yes, cameras can be replaced but the pictures are what was important.

What a great idea about using your name and address as the first picture on the camera .

Here's hoping it's our camera! :) ... and thank you for being such an honest person!

Sorry, this is not your camera. :(

definitely cool that you're trying to find the owner - I donated an MP3 player and a pair of sunglasses on my last trip

the mp3 player upset me a little because I noticed it fairly quickly (45 minutes) but the rental car agency stated that the car had already been cleaned, re-rented and nothing turned in and that their guys turn in everything regardless of value (sure...........)

however, it's my dumb fault for leaving it there in the first place, so c'est la vie

We even kept an eye out for anyone wondering the beach looking like they were trying to find something but no one did.

I am guessing their tour moved on and they were long gone. It is the photos that mean so much to all of us and I would want someone to at least try and find us even if only to return the photo images on the card.

I have this posted on a few different sites but have had no luck finding the owners, but one never knows.

We even kept an eye out for anyone wondering the beach looking like they were trying to find something but no one did.

I am guessing their tour moved on and they were long gone. It is the photos that mean so much to all of us and I would want someone to at least try and find us even if only to return the photo images on the card.

I have this posted on a few different sites but have had no luck finding the owners, but one never knows.

As well as checking with our tour operator in St Thomas, we also filed a lost/found report on our ship (AOS), more for insurance purposes than anything else since we were almost positive the camera was left at Coki Beach. If any of the pictures show the name of the ship, you could also check with the cruise line to see if anybody filed a report regarding a missing camera!

You're so right... we were reimbursed for our camera by the insurance company, but it was the pictures that meant so much to us and we would have been more than happy just to get our SD card back with the pictures of our cruise .. probably about 100 at that point :mad:.

Good luck with your search, candizfan!:)

• 1 month later...

Well, I have had no luck finding the owner of the camera. I have tried every site and suggestion and still no luck.

I feel bad for the people who lost the camera but my daughter will be happy with her new camera.

I guess I will download the phots to my computer in case I find the owner sometime in the future.

Archived