Santes Spa ???

M&M cruiseaholics

Please tell me if you have gone to this Spa while in Roatan. My Husband is thinking of taking advantage of the $35.00 Beach and lunch and possibly the extra $15.00 to go on the Boat to snorkle. I am thinking of getting a Spa Treatment or two. I am wondering how long their $40,00 Massage. Their site gives no reference to the length off their treatments. I appreciate any advice on the beach, snorkle adventure, and spa treatments that you may offer.

My friend and I went to Sante in September, 2004 from the NCL Sea. I had booked a massage and facial for each of us six months before.

It was a fantastic day. Angela picked us up at the dock just past the fence. Look for her sign. We got in a van she had hired to take us to Sante, about a 30 minute ride, beautiful countryside. She narrated the entire trip. We arrrived at Parrot Tree Plantation, a private subdivison (in US terms), with guarded gate. We came to the lagoon and she called on her cell phone for her husband, Leon, to come pick us up. He came in a small skiff and off we went to their beautiful home which was on a small island a five-minute boat ride just off Roatan. Paradise awaited.

Angela took us on a tour of her home -- absolutely beautiful with saltillo tile floors and essentially open air verandas and porches.

We each had a 1 hour massage and 1 hour facial. After we finished with our treatments, we went to the veranda looked out over the gorgeous water beyond, a beautiful blue color. Angela served us lunch, fresh grilled grouper, salad and dessert.

It was a magnificent day. Angela and Leon are the absolute best hosts you would ever find.

After we finished lunch, Leon took us back to land and the van driver was there to take us back to the ship. He stopped at several places along the way so we could take pictures.

We were back at the ship in plenty of time for departure.

An absolutely wonderful day with great people. Angela and Leon are both from California and have found their special place in Paradise.

I applaud them both and encourage all who read this to visit them.

Please do not let the poverty in Coxen Hole deter you. Roatan is a beautiful island; you just have to go a mile out from town to see this for yourselves.

We and several others did extensive reviews of this wonderful place in a thread with the above title. The last entry was on 8/18, but we'll bump it to the top for you. Our posting on that thread includes our detailed review from the "old" CC boards.

Do go there! We'd suggest finding partners on the CC boards, with postings here and on your cruise line roll call board. It's much more fun to go there with other people. If Joe has a complaint, it's that the Spa gave him his first massage, and now he goes to the local place. Be warned: massages can become addictive, especially if you have back or muscle pains that are alleviated by a good massage!

Archived