where to stay in Rome? near Spanish Steps or Termini

We'll be in Rome for a day before going to the port to board the ship~

I need to do some shopping for other people~ And I want to visit the Pantheon and the Borghese Gallery and Trevi Fountain and stuff... so I don't want to stay too far away from any Metro station...

Which area should I stay? I know that they're probably all walkable, but I've heard so many things about pickpocketers that I'd rather not walk a long way to my hotel after shopping...

But shopping is such a small part of my stay in Rome... So I wonder if I should stay close to Metro stations so that it's easier to get around.

Is the Metro de Spagna at the top or bottom of the Spanish Steps? Do I have to climb the Steps to get there?

HELP!!:eek:

Attn Nora

As per my knowledges of Rome city the most important shopping area is located nearby Spanish Square and not at Termini raylway station.

In the surroundings of Spanish square there are the most important shopping street and store showing international brands like: Prada, Gucci,Balestra,Brioni,Versace and soon.

In the main square there is the underground.

If you want to visit monuments like Pantheon and Galleria Borghese ( Pantheon is very interesting for its old history where at the beginning the animals were killed and burned in honor of the gods.

Trevi fountain is known all over the world.

As regards the hotels you'll have spolied for choice.

You may check into internet.

The matter of the pickpocketers is common to all the great metropolis.

Try to pay attention to your personal belongings and use your credit card or traveller's cheques.

Bye Gunther

------------------------------------------------------------------------

We'll be in Rome for a day before going to the port to board the ship~

I need to do some shopping for other people~ And I want to visit the Pantheon and the Borghese Gallery and Trevi Fountain and stuff... so I don't want to stay too far away from any Metro station...

Which area should I stay? I know that they're probably all walkable, but I've heard so many things about pickpocketers that I'd rather not walk a long way to my hotel after shopping...

But shopping is such a small part of my stay in Rome... So I wonder if I should stay close to Metro stations so that it's easier to get around.

Is the Metro de Spagna at the top or bottom of the Spanish Steps? Do I have to climb the Steps to get there?

HELP!!:eek:

Check out the Hotel San carlo in the Spanish Steps area, we have gotten a some good deals there and it is within walking distance of the Trevi, Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Borghese gardens, via del corso for shopping and the exclusive Via Condotti.

In May, we're staying at the Inn at the Spanish Steps on the Via Condotti. Since we booked, months ago, our room rate has dropped 130 Euro and they honored the lower price. The location is great. We're only there for one night. Last year we stayed at the Hotel Mozart which is close to the Spanish Steps and has good rates. Have fun!

Joan

The Inn at the Spanish Steps is my favorite hotel in Rome -- I love taking a walk in the Borghese Gardens first thing in the morning and the hotel itself is a very nice boutique hotel. The area around the Pantheon is also a great area to in which to stay. lots of excellent hotels and restaurants. The area immediately around Termini is less than wonderful .. a bit scruffy. There area some excellent hotels a few blocks away, though.

the metro is on the city level, not the park level (that is, NOT up the steps).

The Borghese Gallery is, of course, up the steps.

Archived