St. Maarten - which Beach?

We were planning on taking a taxi to Orient Beach and spending the afternoon there. We have been to Orient Beach several times. Someone told me about a really nice beach close to the pier. Does anyone have any info on it?

Thanks in advance.

We were planning on taking a taxi to Orient Beach and spending the afternoon there. We have been to Orient Beach several times. Someone told me about a really nice beach close to the pier. Does anyone have any info on it?

Thanks in advance.

There is a beach close to the pier, I believe off the boardwalk, but I can't recall the name but have heard others say they loved it. Orient too is a favorite, especially since my girlfriends are the brave one's to go topless :D

There is an island just off the coast from Orient Beach called Pinel Island we always go to. This beach is the quietest and prettiest in Caribbean IMHO.

DSCN1525-1.jpg

DSCN1524.jpg

3355493211_6f7cbca557.jpg

Friar's Bay beach is a gorgeous spot that was a little off the beaten path and barely no one was at the beach. DH and I probably saw five other people total in the mid afternoon. There are beach chairs and small bar there too. We stopped at this beach at the end of one of our excursions (mountain biking).

The beach off the boardwalk is actually really nice. We walked from the cruise dock over there (it's not very far if you're able to walk it), and kept walking past the pier where the water taxi docks. As people said, there are tons of little bars that offer chairs/umbrellas/beers for super cheap. I thought the water was pretty nice. We ate at one of the restaurants there and were able to get free--but kind of slow--wifi, and then could shop too. It was a really nice day--much better than we thought it would be. Have fun!

Archived