Golf in Aruba?

lanabanana

Some friends we met on the Destiny cruise went on a ship excursion to Tierra Del Sol Country Club. They said the course was great and their wives took in a Spa Day while the husbands played golf. You can rent clubs there- they have everything you need.

There is a great view of the Country Club from the California Lighthouse and you can find a pretty decent photo in my album link below.

www.tierradelsol.com

I had some friends go golfing here while on a cruise. There is only one course. It was designed by Robert Trent Jones. If you book through the cruise ship, then they provide clubs, shoes, balls, etc as well as transportation to and from the ship and the course. My one friend said he hit the longest drive of his life here.....also the shortest. It is very windy and usually hot. Bring lots of water with you if you go play. They enjoyed it.

The Links at Divi Aruba opened on October 31,2004

Nine-hole ocean view golf course- 2 par 5 holes, 5 par 4 holes, 2 par 3 holes

Tierra del Sol 18 holes Par 71

Green Fees

Rental Clubs: $35.00 per set (Wilson Clubs)

$45.00 per set Callaway incl. 3 golf balls

Rental Shoes: $10.00 pair

Tee Time Reservations Up to One Year in Advance (with Credit Card Guarantee)

• 1 month later...
I've seen golf mentioned a couple of times here, but no specifics. Is there more than one course? Where do I find info? Did you rent clubs? Surely noone lugs their golf clubs on a cruise! Thanks!

On the contrary....some people (my husband and BIL to be exact...lol) DO lug their clubs on a cruise. My husband loves his clubs....LOL (He even lugged them along on a trip to England.)

• 2 weeks later...

We take our clubs as we play in almost every port. Tierrra Del Sol is a nice course but very tough. It is very windy and it is a struggle for me to get to the fairway as there are a lot of rocks between most of the tee boxes and the beginnin of the fairway. Hubby does ok with it (depending on the wind).

My husband played both courses in December, last month.

He recommends the Divi course for the occasional golfer. The grass is similar to that used in North America.

Tierra del Sol is a challenging course for the avid golfer. He recommends ordering your food from the golf cart on the 8th fairway: there still may be a wait.

Archived