Getting from FFL to the Port in Miami

boredbillj

First.. thanks to everyone for all the helpful information here.

Is renting a car about the only way to get from FLL to the port in Miami?

We booked our cruise & flight last night and the rental car price from Budget was only $27! I didn't book it then.. but just logged back on to their site to book it now, and it's suddenly up to $60. That's a really big change... and we'd still have to get from the airport in MIA (where we would return the car) to the port.

I checked Avis becaues they seem to have the closest location to the port, but the rental price was over $150. That's just nuts for a 30 mile trip.

If we do have to drop the rental car off at MIA airport, are there any shuttles that run to the pier, or are we going to have to cab it? Approximate cost of that?

Thanks

You need to give us more information about your flight and cruise. When are you sailing? What time does your flight get in? Are you coming in on the day of your cruise? How many people in your party?

Sorry for the lack of information. I just booked a ride with GO Airport Shuttle. It was cheaper than a rental and will get us right to the port.

Does Royal Caribbean have shuttles that run from the port to MIA airport when the cruise is over? If so, what is the cost? We would like to rent a car from MIA back to FLL so we can go at our own pace since we have a late return flight.

Trip is Sat May 2 - Sat May 9.

7 Night Western Caribbean, Liberty of the Seas.

We got the transfer through RCCL from FLL to Miami going and coming but our flight was the day of the cruise and the day of return. It was very convenient to get off of the plane and on to a bus that took care of the luggage. All we had to do was get on the bus and ride and not worry about the traffic which was terrible. When we returned it was the same. The bus driver loaded the luggage on the bus and took us to the airport. It is well worth the $50 round trip.

What is GO Airport Shuttle charging? I have arranged transfers from our Hotel in FLL to POM and back to FLL Airport at the end of our cruise. It's with John's Car Service. I've had some negative information since booking it with him. Has anyone used his services?

First.. thanks to everyone for all the helpful information here.

Is renting a car about the only way to get from FLL to the port in Miami?

We booked our cruise & flight last night and the rental car price from Budget was only $27! I didn't book it then.. but just logged back on to their site to book it now, and it's suddenly up to $60. That's a really big change... and we'd still have to get from the airport in MIA (where we would return the car) to the port.

I checked Avis becaues they seem to have the closest location to the port, but the rental price was over $150. That's just nuts for a 30 mile trip.

If we do have to drop the rental car off at MIA airport, are there any shuttles that run to the pier, or are we going to have to cab it? Approximate cost of that?

Thanks

I've used SAS transportation for my last 4 cruises and they are GREAT. Others on CC also have used this service. It's the most economical at $15.00 per person, one way (not including tip), their equipment is clean and they are on time. They'll also meet the ship on the return and take you back. They will drop you at a hotel in Miami if you are staying over night prior to your cruise or will take you directly to the port on the same day.

If you're interested, here's the info. Steve is quick to respond and confirm by email:

SAS Transportation

1-954-600-0240

SAS9897@aol.com

Archived