Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

Everything posted by hancock

  1. www.stay123.com and www.trinityreservations.com list hotels with park and cruise options.
  2. Sailed on the Oceanic Easter 1969 with my parents. I joined them last minute. We were seated with a woman with 2 children. Didn't know to ask for a change in table as I was 22, not a child.
  3. check out the rollcall for that sailing. Ask if anyone is bringing their 13 yr old.
  4. I go to www.squaremouth.com for our insurance. In the past, we've gotten cancellation and med insurance. For two upcoming cruises, we just got medical and evacuation insurance. Very reasonable.
  5. You won't see may tuxes on the cruise, Alaska cruises tend to be less formal. Take your black suit and save the money for excursions. Tuxes are becoming less popular on cruises.
  6. Our next cruise if covered with the Cruise with Confidence offer. Because of this, we elected to purchase only medical and med evac insurance. It was very reasonable and had covid coverage.
  7. If you are still planning to take the cruise with your son, you can just take your DH off and make your son number 2.
  8. I use www.squaremouth.com for our travel insurance. I am the OP. The cost of just medical and evacuation is much cheaper than cancellation + medical and evac. Cruise is booked for next January under the CWC program. Thanks for all the input.
  9. Should I reconsider and get cancellation insurance as well?
  10. I just booked a cruise for next January that is covered with the Cruise with Confidence policy. With that in mind, I'm considering only getting medical and evacuation insurance. Thoughts? Thanks
  11. Sold our stock last week at $93+. No dividends at the moment or the near future. Took our profit-bought at $28+. Have reinvested in a dividend paying stock. The OBCs we received over the years were more than the original cost . As we are getting up there in years, don't know if we will cruise again. That doesn't mean we don't hope to cruise again. We just don't know what the future holds for us. We had a good run.
  12. Got off the Radiance on Feb. 9th after a cruise around New Zealand followed by cruise up into the South Pacific. There was some talk about the virus as we got on the ship. Two ports were cancelled/changed on the second cruise due to ports being closed to prevent the virus from coming to the island. May cruise to the ABC's was cancelled. Chose a refund rather than a FCC.
  13. Years ago, my Dad bought my Mom a topaz and diamond ring onboard the ship. Turns out it wasn't a topaz. It was a citrine. On the other hand, he bought her a 18K necklace for $200. As years have passed, that purchase was a steal.
  14. OP here. I was relieved to get an acknowledgement that a refund is in the works. I had filled in the request for a refund weeks ago but had not had any further info from RCL.
  15. Just got an email from RCL apologizing for the delay of my refund. It should be coming in the next couple of weeks. I was happy to get an acknowledgement that it was in the works. I can be patient.
  16. Do it online with country's website. Commercial website charges a lot more.
  17. My May cruise on the Adventure of the Seas was cancelled. I held off cancelling my air on Southwest. Today I checked my reservation and found that my flight had been changed to almost 24 hrs earlier. I was able to call and request a refund rather than a credit for a future flight. Do check to see if your flights have been changed due to the lack of fliers with the Covid pandemic. You may be lucky.
  18. My cruise was cancelled last night by RCL. I contacted my travel insurance carrier today. I was told I could get a refund as I would not be making any claims on the policy. I have to submit a request for the refund. Check and see if you can get your insurance refunded if your cruise has been cancelled. I also had the option to transfer the policy to another trip or leave it open for a future trip. Hope this helps.
  19. Click on the word "quote" beneath the post you want to reply to.
  20. We departed the ship on the 9th.There were very, VERY strong winds and heavy rain that day. The ship would have had great difficulty getting away from the pier and sailing out of the harbor.It would have encountered major seas once out of the harbor. The captain made a wise decision to stay in Sydney until the storm died. I was not surprised that the sailing was delayed.
  • Create New...