Fun pass/Boarding pass

fourkittys

Is the Fun pass the same thing as a boarding pass?:D I think it is but just wanted to confirm it with more experienced cruisers. Thanks!

There really is no 'boarding pass' that you bring to the port with you. You'll be issued a Sail and Sign card that will serve as your boarding pass.

The Fun Pass indicates that you've filled out all the necessary information to speed up the boarding process. You can go through the check in process without it but the Fun Pass certainly makes it faster!!

:)

I have some conflicting questions. I have heard the fun pass is like your boarding pass. But when I go to my online documents I see boarding passes. The only problem is that mine doesn't show up. We have two rooms and my under my husbands reservation all three boarding passes show up (Have not completed the fun pass yet) but for my reservation only the two other passengers show up. Should I worry or just fill out the fun pass information.

Take the fun pass. In Tampa, they would not let you enter the terminal without it. I saw people pulled out of line to wait that didnt have their fun pass.

Yep... in Tampa they demand them. In New Orleans they didn't want to even see them. Galveston they wanted them, Port Everglades they didn't even know what they were but they wanted the whole package of docs!!!

Not very consistent. Bottom line... take EVERYTHING!!!

:)

I have some conflicting questions. I have heard the fun pass is like your boarding pass. But when I go to my online documents I see boarding passes. The only problem is that mine doesn't show up. We have two rooms and my under my husbands reservation all three boarding passes show up (Have not completed the fun pass yet) but for my reservation only the two other passengers show up. Should I worry or just fill out the fun pass information.

You will not need your Fun Pass to board but it will make check in easier.

You'll use you Sail and Sign card to board. Some location also require your picture ID/passport to board.

Here's what Carnival says about the boarding card:

BOARDING CARD

Your Sail & Sign Card will serve as your Boarding Card. This card identifies you as a Carnival guest and must be carried with you along with picture identification when you go ashore. Because the ship is closed to the public while docked at the various ports-of-call, you’ll have to show your Sail & Sign Card and picture I.D. to the officer on duty in order to return on board.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Sail_And_Sign_On_Board_Account.aspx

Archived