Three Tour Questions?

bballmom21

We are past Cruisers but new to Princess. We will be doing the E. Carribean on the CB in Aug. (9nts). I have three questions I hope someone can answer. Thanks for any help!

l.Bermuda (Navel Docks): Price to take a bus or taxi to Horseshoe Bay and where do you pick up the bus/taxi?

2.St. Thomas : Was thinking about a day at Megans Bay or Sapphire, but the tours only allows for 2hrs at the beach. Again price of taxi/bus and are they near pier?

3.San Juan:Has anyone done the catamaran sail/snorkel/lunch offered by Princess (about 6hrs)? Just looking for something a little more fun and relaxing. We've pretty much shopped our way thru SJ before.

I'm sure these questions have been asked alot. Thanks for repeating them for a newbie!

We are past Cruisers but new to Princess. We will be doing the E. Carribean on the CB in Aug. (9nts). I have three questions I hope someone can answer. Thanks for any help!

l.Bermuda (Navel Docks): Price to take a bus or taxi to Horseshoe Bay and where do you pick up the bus/taxi?

2.St. Thomas : Was thinking about a day at Megans Bay or Sapphire, but the tours only allows for 2hrs at the beach. Again price of taxi/bus and are they near pier?

3.San Juan:Has anyone done the catamaran sail/snorkel/lunch offered by Princess (about 6hrs)? Just looking for something a little more fun and relaxing. We've pretty much shopped our way thru SJ before.

I'm sure these questions have been asked alot. Thanks for repeating them for a newbie!

ST. Thomas - we have been to Megans Bay and Sapphire Beach. Did neither from ship's tour. Always taxi. I think bus would take too long.

Taxi was under $10 for both, can't remember specifics, we were most recently in 2008.

Megan's Bay has a beautiful , long and narrow beach, calm water, decent facilities, you must be a quiet floater to see anything snorkeling. Some vendors. Large shop to rent chairs, snorkels, buy things.

Picture postcard view - in fact, the screen on my cell phone is almost identical to a pic I snapped at MB.

Sapphire has a wider, but not so long beach, snorkeling is good, if you want to swim a bit, very steep slope to get into the water.

No vendors selling things, but chairs and snorkels for rent. Not as popular a beach for the taxi buses.

Clean facilities.

Coki Beach, which you didn't mention, is the least scenic, smallest beach, but did have chairs and snorkels for rent and the best snorkeling.

none of them are super close or super far - maybe 1/2 an hour from pier. We usually arrange a time for the taxi to come and pick us back up. Never had a problem.

Archived