Mariner 12/19/2004..first cruise & w/kids..

zdmmom

Hi Everyone, my family, 2 adults and 3 kids 8, 6, & 4 are cruising on Mariner of the Seas on 12/19/2004. It's our first cruise and I'm looking for some suggestions of good low key excursions, and info on the ship?

How about the water activities at Labadee? We are looking for some relaxation time on the beaches as well.

Also, I know there is a soda/juice card to buy on the ship, and after reading some of the postings, I don't know if its a bargain for us. But does anyone know about a drink card for Froo-Froo drinks?

I appreciate any advice that you can give.

Thank you!

How about the water activities at Labadee? We are looking for some relaxation time on the beaches as well. Plenty of water activities and relaxation beaches (follow the coast to the left past the first beach for a more secluded area) ther is also a native dance show in the pavilion right after lunch.

Also, I know there is a soda/juice card to buy on the ship, and after reading some of the postings, I don't know if its a bargain for us. If your children are big soda drinkers it's worth it.

But does anyone know about a drink card for Froo-Froo drinks? Not One

We really enjoyed the Mariner, just walking around the ship and looking at the different art was an enjoyable experience.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/experiencetype/experience/home.do;jsessionid=00000cNGL_SUmV_fKIDfEtKnxDg:vnkcfplh?br=R&exCode=32&shipCode=MA

Soda and juice cards are $4 for children and $6 for adult per day. Plus add in a 15% gratuity. FOr a kids card you are looking at a little over 30 bucks. 3 kids thats almost 100 bucks for soda for 7 days. Do yourself a favor and take a few 12 packs of soda onboard with you. THese you can carry on with the plastic bags you get from the grocery store. Lots of stuff that is free to drink. ice tea. lemonade even choch milk.

Labadee is the laid back beach day. There are banana boats to rent for a ride. THere is a water park with trampolines out there in the water.. BUt have read that a lot of kids have a hard time with pulling themselves up on it. Your kids will have a great time at Labadee. Tell them to look out at the rock formations as it resembles a dragon...and when the water hits it jsut right--it looks like the dragon is breathing. (the rocks are called dragons breathe)

Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios. You can see lots of ideas on what to do- by going to the mian board of cruise critic and scrolling down tot he port of calls board.

Grand Cayman- swimming with the stingrays- visiting the turtle farm..even taking a ride on a semi submarine. (dont forget to buy some rum cakes.

Thanks for the info, I'm glad to know that those particular drinks are free, since that is what my kids mostly drink, they aren't big into sodas luckily!

That is so cool about the rock formation, my son will love that!

I'll definitely check out that web site, As you can tell I'm a little late in planning excursions. I was kinda thinking about not doing much, but as I've been reading the boards, I'm getting more excited and wanting to do more.

I'm really looking forward to Grand Cayman, but from what I've read its still up in the air if we'll be stopping there for sure or not, due to Hurricane damage. I'll definitely get rum cakes!

Thanks for the info!

Angie

Archived