Triumph March 22nd sailing review.

joeyancho

Let me start by saying this was my 9th Carnival cruise and 22nd cruise overall. It was also my honeymoon cruise. For the honeymoon I upgraded to catagory 11 suite. The room was the nicest room I have ever had on a cruise ship. I have had suites on RCCL before and they are not laid out as nice as this one. The reason I chose Carnival was simple: price. Also Carnival gave us a large discount because my wife is an FAA employee. The itinerary was the western Caribbean, my favorite. The Triumph is an older ship. However it is in very good condition. VIP embarcation was very fast and smooth. However the lounge does not offer drinks or snacks as does RCCL. Small point. Other than the room I was disappointed in the Carnival experience. The quality of the food in the main dining room was disappointing. Some things were good. Some were okay and some were downright bad. The wife was looking forward to the warm chocolate melting cake. Two nights it was basically raw, undercooked, all gooey and no cake. Then two nights it was overcooked, having no gooey stuff underneath, all cake. The chateaubriand was two wads of rubbery meat, no sauce. It sent it back after one bite. In general the beef was bad. The chicken dishes were good. And the appetizers were pretty good except for the stuffed mushrooms. They are stuffed with broccoli and covered with what appears to be cambells cheese soup, gross. The lambchops were good. The dessert menu has been pared down to basically 3 offerings plus melting cake. Breakfast in the main dining room was good. Breakfast in the lido was mediocre. The lines at the lido were always long. The lunch offerings were generally good, excepy for the roast leg of lamb, which would have better served as a sole for my work boots. Also don't waste your time (as I did) bringing your tux for formal night. There were only about 3 of them on the whole ship. An untucked dress shirt and jeans seems to be formalware these days. The entertainment has been reduced to comedy shows and 2 Vegas style reviews. On the last night the show is basically passenger kareoke, tacky. Also there were a large number of children on the fun ship, whose main activity seemed to be stampeding up and down the hallway. As for the ports of call, they were all fun. Jamaica was the best. We climbed the falls and river tubed with Peat Taylor. He is always great. In Cozumel we visited the ruins in Tulum. That was great but be warned it takes all day. There is absolutely zero time for shopping. I stated above that I chose this cruise for the pricing (the economy being what it is) I am sorry that I did not spend a bit more and honeymoon with Royal Caribbean. I cruised with them last March and the difference was dramatic.

Well I gess it is all a matter of perspective,we were on Royal Carribean in December and vowed never to return! We love carnival and have alwys had a great time on Carnival , I guess that's why they call it the "fun ship". Food has been great and food has been ok othertimes, but the food on royal was horrible! I suppose that is what makes the world go round right?! LOL

Either way I am excited to be going on the Triumph in 16 days, just booked it today!! Love the ports, mostly Cozumel and Jamacia, this will e our first time to jamacia!

Well I gess it is all a matter of perspective,we were on Royal Carribean in December and vowed never to return! We love carnival and have alwys had a great time on Carnival , I guess that's why they call it the "fun ship". Food has been great and food has been ok othertimes, but the food on royal was horrible! I suppose that is what makes the world go round right?! LOL

Either way I am excited to be going on the Triumph in 16 days, just booked it today!! Love the ports, mostly Cozumel and Jamacia, this will e our first time to jamacia!

Let me know when you come back we are a group of 10 family reunion

sailing may 3

Archived