We had a strange disembarkation 3/28

Aquarian

I always get the porters to take my bags and they always get me a taxi right away no matter how big the crowd is. It's well worth the tip. After I'm off the ship the only thing on my mind is getting home as fast as i can.

Bill

We have learned to do what Oceanlover suggests. The porters know the drill and will get you a taxi without standing in any line. Worth the tip!

We were on the Ruby disembarking 4/4. It was chaotic and we were hoping the no announcement policy would be let go for the unusual situation. After a short time we started checking the list of colors and times with the ones being called and had a good idea when ours would be called. We went to a different room to wait because Club Fusion was too crowded. Once our color was called we had our luggage, porter, and taxi within 10-15 minutes.

Sorry about your bad disembarkation. On the 28th we had a 2:30 PM flight which we easily made with a bus transfer although it was really a zoo. After reading horror stories about getting a taxi we decided at the last minute to get the transfer.

Apparently the airline hadn't booked all of it's 1st class seats so we were able to upgrade for $100. As we were getting off the plane in Houston, where our daughter lives, I told my husband he should check the 1st class seats again, just in case. Then I said, or maybe they're overbooked and we can volunteer to be bumped and visit our daughter.

Lo and behold, they were overbooked and we spent almost 24 hours with her, stayed in a hotel they provided, had vouchers for about $60 of food, flew home 1st class Sunday night and each got $250 vouchers for future flights. :cool:

Not a bad thing to do if you have the time to spare! The downside is our luggage was already in ABQ so we had to make do with what we had. :rolleyes:

Better luck next time! :)

Hi Kitty and Jay

How did I miss this post? What a great deal you got just to spend time with your daughters.

Please email me at dsawyer22 at verison dot net :cool:

Joe misplaced your card. :(

Archived