Take A Taxi In Ft. Lauderdale!!!

I got off the JEWEL OF THE SEAS in FLL recently. The porter wanted to put me in a van to the airport. The van would have cost $7.00 per person and they wanted to wait until the van was full. Due to a mistake by the porter we had to wait for a 2nd. van and the van driver WOULD NOT QUOTE A PRICE TO THE AIRPORT. I told him to remove my luggage and then I hauled it all over to the taxi stand. The taxi took all four of us and delivered us directly to curb side check in. THE TAXI CHARGED ONLY $14.00 FOR THE 4 OF US!!! I gave the driver $25 and thanked him for his very nice service.

The moral of this story is TAKE A CAB when in FLL!!! They are cheaper than the transfer buses and the private vans and you don't have to wait for another 10-50 people to get onboard. We even use cabs to go short distances as we travel with 2 elderly relatives and they can not walk too far. The drivers are always very nice...and will drive you a short distance without complaining. CAB IT IN FLL!!!

ROSS

I was wondering if it was pretty easy to get a taxi from there? Sounds like it. My travel agent said there are going to be plenty around to get us to the airport with no problem. Nice to here that is does sound easy.

Can't wait til the Jewel in February!

There are plenty of cabs. There are also plenty of passengers trying to get one. I've been in port when there were three ships disembarking at once and waited over an hour to get a cab. If you can get one, great! If not, take what you can get even if it costs more. Beats the heck out of all that frustration. ;)

Sounds like I should be OK just trying to catch a cab for the two of us.

How is the port at Ft Lauderdale? I have never been there, we have been out of Port Canaveral(where we drove to) and I thought that was easy to navigate.

Thanks for the information!

Archived