Will Carnival follow RCCL lead

donrick1

I recieved word yesterday from friends of ours who just go back from a RCCL cruise who said that RCCL is policing the pool area and is NOT ALLOWING any chair saving!! It was stated that the "pool police" would watch and anyone who decided to hold a chair (personal stuff on chairs) and do so longer than "twenty minutes", would have their stuff removed off the chair and put in a seperate area...WOW!!!! My friend was lounging in a chair when one of the chair hogs came over and said, "That's my chair that was being held with my stuff." My friend told the passenger to take it up with security.........

My question is will CARNIVAL grow some "kahunas" and do the same thing??? I hope so!! I would hate to have to set an alarm for 5 AM, just to save a chair at the pool!!! LOL!!!

Let's e-mail this to carnival with your thoughts!!!

Rick

Don't know what ship your friends were on but our friends returned from a recent cruise aboard the Mariner and they said the chair hogs were out in full force w/ no assistance from the ship security to stop them from saving chairs. I think it depends on the ship and how strict the security is onboard.

but what if you are in the swimming pool, then hot tub then join in an activity all in a row that could last longer than 20 mins. would you still lose your your chair for participating in activities that last longer than 20 min.

Don't take this the wrong way but, if you are gone participating in activities, why would you need a lounge chair? Why not just stash your stuff someplace, let someone utilize that unoccupied chair to relax... especially if there is a shortage of chairs.

That's just my opinion. :)

We were on the Liberty in Feb. There were so many chair hogs. We went to breakfast our last day at sea and were set with a couple. We did the usual chatting and they ended up telling us that they were there with his parents. They were at the pool saving their chairs. They said they would finish breakfast and go out and change places with them. They said they had gotten in trouble for saving chairs earlier in the cruise. I could not believe that they were telling us this. Like it was Ok to go save 4 chairs for when they were ready to go use them.

We just got off the Liberty a week ago. Thur and Fri were our second set of "days at sea".

There were Carnival personnel going around and asking about chairs when no one had been there for 40 minutes. I had gone for breakfast and they asked by wife about mine (I hadn't been gone for more than 30 minutes).

I did not see anyone's stuff get removed, but I did see them talk to several individuals.

Interesting.....

Kevin from Mpls

For as many cruises I have been on I have never had a chair hog problem. While I don't feel the need to lay out buy the pool and this might be why. What I do like to do is lay out near one of showers that they have up on the higher decks so I can go cool off.

Archived