Do JS aft balcony dividers on the Grandeur open up?

Thinking of upgrading to 2 side by side JS afts...but hoping we can open up the balconies because they are not connecting cabins.

I´ve never had an aft. cabin, so I could be wrong here, but I think that most aft. cabins don´t have balcony dividers that open up. Many of them are even part of the steel superstructure of the ship.

They opened up the aft balconies for us, but that was years ago--don't know what the current policy is. I'm told it depends on the captain.

BTW--it was wonderful having it open. The divider only opened halfway but it felt so big and wide and open.

It certainly can't hurt to ask when you get onboard.

On pictures of the Grandeur, they are glass and seem to have a hinge attached?!

They use to open them up but now they have gotten really strict about not opening them especially on the voyager class and below for "safety" reasons.

Last year we booked adjoining rooms with another couple and were told we

would be be able to on the Mariner but when we got on the ship they said no.

I Think it depends on the captain. Good luck!

If you look at pictures of the aft balconies on the Grandeur, they do have hinges, like someone else said, so it is possible to open them...but sounds like it is restricted...I'll let you know after we sail in a few weeks in our aft JS.;)

Thinking of upgrading to 2 side by side JS afts...but hoping we can open up the balconies because they are not connecting cabins.

We had all 4 aft junior suites on Deck 8 on Grandeur in December and they have hinged dividers that open. In fact, the divider was open for cleaning when we got into our cabins but when we requested them to be left open for the cruise we were politely refused. They cited safety reasons for keeping them closed and we did not press the issue.

Archived