PB TOM - Am I missing anything?

sea_u_onboard

Hi Tom - I have a website on yahoo that I post information for members and one of the things I'm working on is a list of beaches in Cozumel and what they offer. I have started with Paradise Beach and want to be sure I have all my information correct. Please look over the following and let me know if there are corrections or anything I should add - I don't want to mis-inform anyone.

PARADISE BEACH – http://paradise-beach-cozumel.net/home_pbeach.php

5 miles south of the International Cruise Ship Pier

Tel. from US & Canada: 011 52 987 871 9010

E-mail:contact@paradise-beach-cozumel.net

Open 365 days a year – 10 to sunset – but you can show up early and find a spot. MC, Visa, traveler’s cheques, USD and Mexican Pesos accepted.

Resident Host – Paradise Beach Tom – Sunday is his day off.

Taxi fare from the Puerta Maya or International Piers is $12USD, one way, for up to 4 people. From the downtown Punta Langosta pier, it’s just a buck more. Cabbies can usually squeeze in an extra body for 2-3 dollars more!

There is no charge to use the facilities, loungers, tables, or a hammock in the shade. There is a $5.00 per person charge – you get a wristband - if you would like to use the water equipment. There is a water trampoline, the rock climbing "iceberg", snorkel gear, and kayaks. There is a refundable deposit required for the snorkel gear and kayaks. Snorkel gear includes snorkel (take some alcohol wipes to clean the mouthpiece), mask, fins and vest.

The facilities offer a restaurant, three bars, clean bathrooms and fresh water showers. There is not an all-inclusive deal. The waiters will run a tab for you.

The food is safe to eat at Paradise Beach as it is in just about every other place in Cozumel. The water and ice is also purified and safe. There is a menu on the website with prices.

Snorkeling, and dive trips, along with jet ski, banana boat, and windsurfing are available right next door with Patrick, Dive Instructor/owner of Cozumel Water Sports. They don’t have a website, but you can call from Canada/USA 011 52 987 876 1414. Paradise Beach has an arrangement with Patrick where they'll accept credit card payment at the main bar for his watertoys. So basically anything BUT parasail – which is also available next door - can be paid with VISA or MC.

There is a small snorkeling area. Beginners will enjoy it. It is out a ways from the beach. Some areas of the beach are rocky.

There is an area set-up and for $1.00 a minute (15-minute minimum) you can relax and enjoy the sounds of the ocean while getting a massage.

Paradise Beach is a drop off location for donations to the Cozumel Chrysalis Group. This group of volunteers currently supports over 250 students in Cozumel, who come from less privileged families. This support is in the form of school uniforms, shoes and school supplies. Chrysalis stockpiles donations all year for distribution in August at the start of the school year. If you would consider donating please visit, the Chrysalis site at http://www.cozumel-click.com/chrysalis.html.

Pretty good! Just a few errors or omissions...

We open at 9 a.m. and close between 5 and 6 pm, depending if it is still busy or not.

I get Sunday and usually one other day off. The other day is usually the day with the fewest cruise ships, though in peak high season I´ll usually work 6 days a week.

Umbrellas are also no charge.

Floating beach mats are also included in the $5 fee.

Facilities also include change rooms.

We also rent those James Bond-type aqua-jets that´ll pull you along in the water when you snorkel. Cost: $15USD/30 minutes.

We have the Spacewalker Bungee/trampoline ride as well for $10USD p.p., and hairbraids and temporary tattoos.

There ya go Cheryl, hope it helps and thanx for putting us on your list!

Great - Thanks for the corrections and additions. I didn't know about the aqua jets or the bungee.

I had someone ask me what the prices were for the items next door - parasailing, windsurfing, etc...... Can you help out?

Prices for tattos? Braids? Don't have to be exact - best estimate.

Everyone raves about the Guac - Any other dishes that get a BIG THUMBS UP?

PS - I put you at the top of the list. Can't wait to visit. There will be 8 of us and I have them all excited just talking about the place.

Parasailing-$55USD p.p

Jetski-$55USD/30min.

Windsurf-$25/hr for the beginner board and $35/hr for the good stuff

Banana boat-$10 per ride p.p.

Tattoos-$5 and up, depends on size and intricacy

Braids...ummm also depends on length and thickness of hair, how many rows, extras...

I think $25 for half a head. Search for it...saw a review with price recently!

We get raves for our nachos, fresh ceviche, and our homemade coconut shrimp!

Thanx for the promotion, we´ll see ya soon!

Archived