Glacier Cruise

brandygirlo

Could anyone give us input on which of the following three glacier tours they think is the best? We are considering only those tours that stay in calm water to avoid sea sickness. Our priorities include having the best experience in glacier viewing, good information given during the tour, beautiful scenery, comfortable boat.

The Wilderness Explore Glacier Cruise with Prince William Sound Glacier Cruise out of Whittier - goes through Ester Passage, Harriman Fjord, Barry Arm and Surprise Glacier - 6 hours - $139 pp

The Prince William Sound Glacier Cruise with Major Marine Tours out of Whittier - see Blackstone and Beloit - includes full dinner and with discount offered on their site for 5 1/4 hours cost $107pp

Colmbia Glacier Cruise with Star Stephens Galcier and Wildlife Cruises out of Valdez - 6-7 hours - cost is $112pp

We know that the second one goes a very short distance but takes its time viewing and watching the glaciers calf.

Thanks so much

Esther Passage gets my "beauty" vote, and the best of your list. You do NOT get anywhere near Columbia. There it is all about the ice, which is the size of buildlings. But, if you are in Valdez, this is a top tour to take. I always do. :) I've gone to Blackstone several times.

Archived