Sky Suite and Deck Plan Change April 2010

Cliftoncruz

I just happen to notice that starting April 2010, Celebrity is changing the deck plan for a majority of their ships. For example the Sky Suite on the Sky Deck of Mercury is listed as SS for April 09, 2010. The April 19, 2010 cruise the Sky Suite is listed as SS1 and other Sky Suites on the Penthouse Deck are listed as SS2 and are about $300 less.

Further all Sky Suites that have the larger verandas are bring designated as SS1 (more money) fleet wide starting in April 2010.

I just returned from the Hawaiian R/T and stayed in SS on the Sky Deck that was the same price as Penthouse Deck. I was just caught by surprise to see this new designation. I was looking book a future cruise when the change was found.

I just happen to notice that starting April 2010, Celebrity is changing the deck plan for a majority of their ships. For example the Sky Suite on the Sky Deck of Mercury is listed as SS for April 09, 2010. The April 19, 2010 cruise the Sky Suite is listed as SS1 and other Sky Suites on the Penthouse Deck are listed as SS2 and are about $300 less.

Further all Sky Suites that have the larger verandas are bring designated as SS1 (more money) fleet wide starting in April 2010.

I just returned from the Hawaiian R/T and stayed in SS on the Sky Deck that was the same price as Penthouse Deck. I was just caught by surprise to see this new designation. I was looking book a future cruise when the change was found.

If you look you will notice that on the M class ships the cc's are now classified differantly(2010) depending on what size balcony you have as well.

We were also on a recent Mercury cruise and had the fortune of being upgraded to a Sky Suite on Penthouse deck from our original booked CC1200 on Sky Deck. While we loved the extra space in the actual room, (50 % larger but the deck is much smaller and totally covered) there was considerable noise coming from above most of the day and really noticeable very early in the mornings around 5am, thumping and dragging noises throughout the mornings and afternoons. We never did get "used" to it and we were told that there was nothing they could do about it. That being said, I guess that is a reason for the downgrade for them or upgrade for the ones on Sky Deck.

Again, we loved the space in the room and having a great butler, but I could not justify at this time paying almost double for the room over the CC on Sky Deck. I bet that they are raising the prices of those rooms also....gonna go check and see.

I have noticed that airlines are also doing basically the same thing with what they consider "prime" seats...even in coach.

Archived