Horseback Riding

QuakerBoy

Will be in St. George on cruise first week in May. Any suggestions on horseback riding opportunities? What if you make a reservation and it rains all day? Easy to get to?
Here's a link with a lot of info about riding. We went from the Dockyard so it was a bit closer but really enjoyed it. They'll probably cancel if it rains too hard. Enjoy your trip!:D We'll be going on #4 in June!:cool: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=844236

We've ridden with Spicelands Riding Stables. http://www.spicelandsriding.com Their horses are healthy and well cared for. You ride out to the south shore and have some breathtaking views along the way. I would highly recommend them. They take the time to match the rider with the horse. My wife was new to riding and she got a great calm and friendly horse. I've ridden my whole life, so my horse "Rambo" had a bit more spirit. ;)

Eric

Does anyone know if they ride western saddle or english at spicelands? Also what is the best way to get there from The Dockyard & how long does it take. We will be there at the end of August on the Dawn & are looking forward the the ride, have heard great things about it!

Will be in St. George on cruise first week in May. Any suggestions on horseback riding opportunities? What if you make a reservation and it rains all day? Easy to get to?

If you are on the Majesty leaving May 2nd come and join our roll call!:)

Does anyone know if they ride western saddle or english at spicelands? We will be there at the end of August on the Dawn & are looking forward the the ride, have heard great things about it!

We rode Western Style at Spicelands last Sepember. The beach ride was the highlight of our cruise. I highly recommend it. ;):):cool:

We rode Western Style at Spicelands last Sepember. The beach ride was the highlight of our cruise. I highly recommend it. ;):):cool:

What do you recommend wearing to go horseback riding? Also how far was it from kings warf?

What do you recommend wearing to go horseback riding? Also how far was it from kings warf?

I chose to wear jeans and boots with a riding heel. It was my first ride (I loved it!) and a friend had advised long pants because of possible horse flies. Turned out, flies were no issue, at least in September. Other folks in our riding party wore shorts and had no problem at all. If you take the beach ride during the summer, the horses may decide to trot through the water. Pretty cool! :cool: I took a change of clothes and we headed to nearby Horseshoe Bay after the ride.

We took a 20-minute cab ride to Spicelands from St. George (arranged by Spicelands) as it was too early for bus service. The folks at Spicelands will be happy to answer any other questions regarding Kings Wharf.

http://www.spicelandsriding.com/

Archived