Are you excited about the Gem and the Mediterranean?

daring

Was this listed in the Freestyle Daily? If so, I'll look for it, and plan my evening around it! Sounds awesome!

Yes--I am quite sure that it was listed in the Dailies--because otherwise I would have never known about it:eek:

You may want to get up there sooner than it is scheduled--there aren't a lot of loungers up there--and lying down, gazing up was a real benefit for those who planned enough ahead (which wasn't me).

My hubby and I leave in 10 days to head to Barcelona. Due to frequent flyer constraints, we have to fly in 2 days prior to the cruise and leave 3 days after. I can't wait!! It's our first trip to Europe, and our first major vacation since we cruised in Hawaii in 2003.

I'm stressing over the excursions, though. I want to pick the "perfect" ones, but I'm at a loss as to what is a "must see" at each port.

My hubby and I leave in 10 days to head to Barcelona. Due to frequent flyer constraints, we have to fly in 2 days prior to the cruise and leave 3 days after. I can't wait!! It's our first trip to Europe, and our first major vacation since we cruised in Hawaii in 2003.

I'm stressing over the excursions, though. I want to pick the "perfect" ones, but I'm at a loss as to what is a "must see" at each port.

At least I don't think you will have to stress over what to do in Barcelona. Sounds like you will have time to do it all.

I have chosen to do an Amalfi Drive/ Pompeii tour in Naples, walking tour on my own in Rome, Pisa/Lucca, then just hang out in Cannes.

Isn't the first day an "at sea" day and Tuesday is Malta? I wonder what activities he is doing today?

We leave May 28th. We'll head to the Birmingham airport around 11:30 a.m. for our 1:15 flight to Atlanta.We arrive in Barcelona around 9:00 a.m Friday. I am just hoping I can sleep some on the flight! I'll be so excited.

Are you spending much time in Barcelona pre-cruise?

I get there on Sunday morning 6/7/09 at 8:35 AM. Not a lot of time but hope I'll get to site see a bit after checking in.

Here is the link: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/shipInformation.html?shipCode=GEM

Click on "See the ship live via our webcam"

Yes you are right. I forgot about the sea day. I can see a bit of Malta on the webcam now.

Hey - I'm back. Long weekend out of town. I missed the Richstan party. :(

My international phones are ordered and on their way. Have to order Euros this week. Still can't decide on what clothes to take for everyday touring. My night time stuff is decided. I bought a lightweight 28" suitcase from Walmart. I think I'll be putting the 50 lb rule to the test. We're also taking some empty totes for souveniers.

Love those pictures that were posted.

We take the cruise on 27 July 2008 with the Norwegian Gem in the Mediterranean.

Excellent service and a very beautiful ship which you need really time to discover.

Many variety food of good quality for every one, normal drink's of tea, coffee etc. and ice cream is available with out charge 24 h a day. You can eat almost the whole day so if your feel hungry in the night just take a bite. Good theatre 2 shows in the night and every where bands playing nice music, the cost of normal drinks are reasonable, except the special cocktails. The bed of the staterooms are from an excellent quality, in a few minutes you sleep as a rose. The excursions are a little expensive but we take the excursions by our self.

I was surprise about the service even include my flight which I not book by them.

The airline lose our luggage but NCL did everything to help us, provide us immediately with luxury makeup kits and vouchers for cleaning our clothes free of charge, keep us all the time inform about our luggage and even get it the same day of embarkation on board and deliver before dinner to our cabin.

Overall it was a wonderful cruise !

I put a flash movie of this cruise on our webblog.

Hey - I'm back. Long weekend out of town. I missed the Richstan party. :(

My international phones are ordered and on their way. Have to order Euros this week. Still can't decide on what clothes to take for everyday touring. My night time stuff is decided. I bought a lightweight 28" suitcase from Walmart. I think I'll be putting the 50 lb rule to the test. We're also taking some empty totes for souveniers.

Love those pictures that were posted.

Oh! I missed you, I'm glad you're back. Have you set up your meet and greet? I'm finding it not to be as easy as I thought. If you set one up, who did you call? Did you book with NCL or through a travel agent?

I'm going to have to go back to that meet and greet thread when I have time. It looks like either I didn't call the right number or there is a problem because I booked through my TA. Anyone able to add insight? I have to work for a while but will check back at lunch time.

I'm back too. I went out of town for two days and now I'm at work trying to work hard to get things done. It's almost impossible.

Know the feeling well rigt now. Do you know anything about who to call to set up the meet and greet?

Know the feeling well rigt now. Do you know anything about who to call to set up the meet and greet?

I simply sent an email to:

GroupEventGem@NCL.com

Sandra Agusti | Group Event Coordinator, Norwegian Gem

She responded rather quickly.

I know that I read somewhere that they may not respond right away to you. They deal with the requests in the order of the sail date. That may be why you haven't heard back yet.

We have to give a final head count no later than one week prior. We seem to have slowed down a bit in numbers, so I'll be sending our final numbers within the next day or so. That doesn't mean people can't come...but it's a good safe number at this point.

Oh! I missed you, I'm glad you're back. Have you set up your meet and greet? I'm finding it not to be as easy as I thought. If you set one up, who did you call? Did you book with NCL or through a travel agent?

Aww...thanks for missing me.:)

Our son was playing at Walt Disney World with his band over the weekend. Let me tell you, one day alone we logged 15 hours on our feet. 9am to midnight. I'm ready for the Med. tours now!

I simply sent an email to:

GroupEventGem@NCL.com

Sandra Agusti | Group Event Coordinator, Norwegian Gem

She responded rather quickly.

I know that I read somewhere that they may not respond right away to you. They deal with the requests in the order of the sail date. That may be why you haven't heard back yet.

We have to give a final head count no later than one week prior. We seem to have slowed down a bit in numbers, so I'll be sending our final numbers within the next day or so. That doesn't mean people can't come...but it's a good safe number at this point.

:) Thanks for the info. I've already sent my e-mail flying, so we will see what happens. I've got around 30 signed up already and I imagine there will be more due to the sale NCL is having today.

Yep glad you're back; I was getting ready to start singing, "Baby Come Back". :(

Aww...thanks for missing me.:)

Our son was playing at Walt Disney World with his band over the weekend. Let me tell you, one day alone we logged 15 hours on our feet. 9am to midnight. I'm ready for the Med. tours now!

Deb, Check email right away!!!!!

I'd be limping badly after 15 hours on my feet in just one day, if not dead. I hope I never have to do that.

Give me a bench, chair, chaise lounge, or sofa please!

I'm hoping everyone will be able to stop by around 9PM to wish Mississippi well on Friday night. I wrote her a note on her roll call but I have not heard from her yet. Wow! time seems to be going faster now that we have started taking turns, don't you think?

I'm hoping everyone will be able to stop by around 9PM to wish Mississippi well on Friday night. I wrote her a note on her roll call but I have not heard from her yet. Wow! time seems to be going faster now that we have started taking turns, don't you think?

It sure does. So much to do before leaving..... Mothers Day, move son back from Penn State, open summer cottage (put out dock ect...), figure out what to pack, the list goes on, plus work everyday.

Here I am! I wouldn't miss popping in to say bye to everyone!

Time is NOT going faster this week around here, the week just seems to be draaaaaging along. I'll bet it's flying by for Richstan, tho.

We leave three weeks from tomorrow! Yikes! I still have so much to do. At least the most important stuff is done....passports, cruise reservations, hotel reservations, etc.

The Gem webcam is not very live, is it? :o)

Here I am! I wouldn't miss popping in to say bye to everyone!

Time is NOT going faster this week around here, the week just seems to be draaaaaging along. I'll bet it's flying by for Richstan, tho.

Well, time is flying here. I'm not ready, I'm not ready, I'm not ready. Work stuff has cranked up to full tilt and I'm not even close to packed, having things printed out, all those details that have to get done.

I've really enjoyed sharing your excitement - it also brings back happy memories.

I've very much appreciated your help in planning my day in Malta. Thank you!

Which leads me to another Malta question...

What are your thoughts about taking a taxi tour for a few hours? Are they called White Taxi's? They have set tours times and prices?

Archived