Adding a party to your reservation

BUSYGIRL

At the time I made the reservation, I only booked DD (age 4) and myself since DH thought he had to work. Now the rate has gone up and that is okay, but I paid for two adults at the time I booked DD and myself because the first two persons are full fare. Had my husband been with us then DD would have been 50%. Now my TA is telling me that DH and DD will be at the current rate. Does anyone know why since I have paid for two adults I have to pay for my husband as an adult at current rate and my daughter as a child at current rate?

DCL did not want to talk to me because I have a TA. However, without getting too specific, they walked me through their reasoning. It only gets confusing if the first two parties are an adult and an child. Then the new adult is booked at the second person rate and the child's rate is adjusted for the 3rd party or child booking. It doesn't work out to the favor of the traveler, but I am the one making the change to the reservation so we will just live with it and have a great cruise!!

Okay, this is right and wrong. I totally understand what your issue is. So this is what will happen now. You booked your reservation at the time as "Double Occupancy" rates. Paying adult rates for a child.... Now you have a true adult for that rate, but the price has gone up. It is true you do have to pay the current price for them, but that should not increase the price huge, because you are listed as the primary head reservation. You will have to pay the current price for an adult and the current price for a child of 4 years of age, but not full fare for both. Here is an example. If you booked your cruise a year ago and the price for you and your daughter was $1500 each based on double occupancy. Now 1 year later you want to add your husband, but the price for him is now $1800. The current price for a 4 yr old a year ago would have been $500 and now it is $800. So right now you will have to pay the $300 difference in the rate for your hubby and will have to pay the current $800 for your daughter. You are paying a slightly higer rate for each rather than what it was a year ago, but you have to remember your daughter's rate has now decreased huge. So now (with the above example) will be paying $4100 instead of $3000, but that $1100 difference gets all three of you on the ship. Yes if you had of booked all three of you a year ago your total price (using the example above) would have been $3500 but that difference is what you are paying for changing the reservation. It is only (using my example) $600 difference than if you had of booked a year ago with all three of you. So it seems like a lot, but it really isn't. It seems like a lot because you are adding another person as well. They can not transfer your daughter's reservation to your husband and add your daughter. I think this is what you are asking. It sounds harsh when they say you have to pay the current rate, but it truly is not that much. I would rather pay current rates and pay it for an adult than your orginal way of paying adult rates for a 4yo. So you are really saving money in the end....;) I hope this is clear all of the jibber, if it is not, let me know. :)

Archived