First Time Princess cruiser is nervous

NYLady

Hi, where did you cruise please?

I'm going to answer for Priory Road as she is my sister and we did the cruise together with our husbands. We did the Emerald Princess 10 night Southern Caribbean and it was wonderful.

Like my sister said it's a big ship, this was also our first time cruising with Princess and I have to say I'm very impressed with what Princess offers. Our waiter, assistant Waiter and Stateroom attendent were wonderful. Would cruise with Princess again in a heartbeat.

If you click on the link in my signature you will see the photos from our cruise.

Christine

I'm going to answer for Priory Road as she is my sister and we did the cruise together with our husbands. We did the Emerald Princess 10 night Southern Caribbean and it was wonderful.

Like my sister said it's a big ship, this was also our first time cruising with Princess and I have to say I'm very impressed with what Princess offers. Our waiter, assistant Waiter and Stateroom attendent were wonderful. Would cruise with Princess again in a heartbeat.

If you click on the link in my signature you will see the photos from our cruise.

Christine

Hi Christine,

Thanks so much for your reply. It was good to hear yourcomments. Loved the photo's, well still viewing them actually, lol.

Regards,

Jacqui.

• 3 weeks later...

1. I think I am prepared for the shock of going from a small cruiseship (Oceania-about 620 passengers) to a very large vessel but I'm not certain. I'm thinking of it as going to a town that we need to explore. Is this a good way to approach it?

I think this is a good attitude. It doesn't seem like you're on a behemoth, it just feels good. Explore away!

2. One of the things DH and I really detest are crowded conditions. We like lots of people but not in closterphobic spaces or "crowded" conditions". I'm hoping that staying clear of the pool during sea days and not going on excursions will allow us to avoid the worst. Any other advice?

The only crowded places I saw were, yes, the pool areas, but you can walk right by without getting too near the crowds. Very nice. As far as excursions, if you go on early ones, it's not crowded. We always go as early as possible and we never wait in line. Yes!

3. There must be so many activities on a large ship that it is impossible to do them all. Is there a way to know beforehand what the schedule will look like? Not the details, of course, but does anyone have a sample schedule from an earlier cruise so I can get an idea of what we will be facing. This is not so important for DH because he takes things as they come but I get a little hyper trying to do everything. We are generally interested in the daytime activities, not so much the shows. I started Bridge lessons on Oceania, does Princess have Bridge for beginners? Any other information or advice on activities?

Not sure about bridge, but I would scour the Princess Patters when we got them and it didn't take long, if you know what types of activities you want to take part in. Lots of trivia, classes, dancing, shows, etc.

6. Any other advice you can think would be helpful. (laundry, coffee, wine, etc)

Bring quarters since sometimes the change machines are down or out of money. I heard that Princess coffee stinks but I always liked it. Try it.

Hope that helps!

• 9 months later...

Archived