Early Saver? and Cat9A?

CruisenGoddess

Ok, all you Carnival experts I need your advice. We haven't booked Carnival in a long, long time and this new ship the Dream has really knocked my socks off and it will be based in PC which is a big plus for us AND I'm so intrigued with Cat 9A.

1. Are the early saver rates usually the very best rate you can get or what is the chance rates fall below the early saver rates? I'm looking for spring 2010.

2. Does Carnival price adjust after final payment? Or are the rates usually for new bookings only?

3. Do you find you get a better rate through Carnival directly or a TA?

4. Historically have there been any sales where deposit is reduced? If so when would be the best time to watch for it.

5. What can you tell me about Cat 9A?

Thanks so much!

Get a aft wrap 9A if your ship has them, yes awesome. Early saver is usually the best rate. Its also the only rate where you can get a price reduction after final payment.

Some categories are not available early saver. On a upcoming booking for instance I did, couldnt get the aft extended balconies early saver, only the side balconies ... go figure. You just have to look if 9A is available.

I booked a 9A on Valor for May 2010. I also had one on Victory.

We qualify for the interline rate, which is about the best rate you can get. But for the May 2010 cruise, the Early Saver rate was lower than interline.

Early Saver rates are the best available. They have the added advantage of being eligible for reduction up until 2 days prior to sailing (you do have to request the reduction to match an advertised rate, it is not automatic). Other rate categories are only eligible for reduction until the final payment date. On the downside, your deposit becomes non-refundable immediately upon booking, and any change to your booking, even a name change incurs a $50 PP fee. Make sure your PVP or TA fully explains the terms & conditions and that you are comfortable with them. If you are, the rates are great!

Ok, all you Carnival experts I need your advice. We haven't booked Carnival in a long, long time and this new ship the Dream has really knocked my socks off and it will be based in PC which is a big plus for us AND I'm so intrigued with Cat 9A.

1. Are the early saver rates usually the very best rate you can get or what is the chance rates fall below the early saver rates? I'm looking for spring 2010.

2. Does Carnival price adjust after final payment? Or are the rates usually for new bookings only?

3. Do you find you get a better rate through Carnival directly or a TA?

4. Historically have there been any sales where deposit is reduced? If so when would be the best time to watch for it.

5. What can you tell me about Cat 9A?

Thanks so much!

If you see a 9A with an Early Saver rate I'd grab it now! We are sailing on the Dream next April and we booked an 8C using the Early Saver rate. The rate is sold out and no longer available for our sailing. The price we paid is significantly higher right now for the same category. Which dates are you looking to sail in April? There's a Cruise Critic group cruise going on the 24th.

A new term for me "interline" - please explain.

Well we're flexible for next spring. I found the best rate for 5/29 in a 9A.

You've provided some great info that I did not know and I really appreciate it. Nice to know about the early saver rate +/-.

A new term for me "interline" - please explain.

Well we're flexible for next spring. I found the best rate for 5/29 in a 9A.

You've provided some great info that I did not know and I really appreciate it. Nice to know about the early saver rate +/-.

It's a discounted rate available to airline employees.

It's available to other jobs as well, but I'm not sure what all of them are, so I don't want to post it. But I'm pretty sure it's for just about anyone in the travel industry.

Archived