Aft Staterooms Constellation

lv2cruz80

What are the cabins like on the very end of the ship - for instance # 8176? They look bigger than on the sides, I'm assuming the same price. Are they desireable rooms or is that not a great place to be- at the back of the ship?
Julie

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;2;19;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until the Constellation!

Julie,

Those are (other than suites) the MOST desirable cabins! The cabin catagories are all almost the same size, it's the balconies that are huge!!! The views are breathtaking!

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

8176 is bigger than the ones around it because it is handicapped accessible. We were in it last cruise, most fabulous cabin I have ever had. They won't give it to non-HC people until a couple of weeks before sailing, if not taken already. In 2 weeks I'm in 8172 and will gaze fondly next door.

I also agree that is the best cabin on the ship!
We had a similar cabin on the Millennium for the 4 of us and we loved it and yes the outer cabin decks actually do wrap around like the diagram, so if you get an end cabin you're twice as lucky! BTW, I also really did not notice any appreciable difference in the movement of the ship and only really noticed the pods during arrival and departures from port. Last year at this time we had a RS cabin on the Summit, and it was nice having all the extra amenities, but to be honest I missed our old cabin and the views and space it had. On the other hand, my husband and kids liked the Royal suite more - so everyone is different and that is why there are so many choices!

This summer we have an aft cabin on the Galaxy 7/2/04 Mediterranean cruise and have heard that although do not have a balcony (panorama window) they have a similar room layout to the Aft cabins on the Millennium class ships and its location I have read is good because the decks around the those cabins become a "private deck" place for those surrounding cabins. Hopefully they're right - as we have decided to spend the price difference on tours instead!

Melissa [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

We had #7208 last year in the Baltic and it was fantastic!!! Biggest balcony for the $$$$, with the exception of the handicapped ones on same deck in stern. We rebooked the same cabin by luck for the Norwegian Fjiords this July.

8176 is wider so someone in a wheelchair can wheel past the bed to get to the balcony or chair and table areas. This is important if you are traveling with someone in a wheelchair since in a regular cabin you will not be able to get beyond the bed in your chair. Also you will have a ramp to the balcony as well as chair access to the bathroom with hand rails. Their is also a help needed alarm above the bed and in the bathroom incase you would fall and need assistance. I believe it is connected to the bridge.

It great the Celebrity has provided some great cabins for handicap access in a great location. Most times inside rooms are the only options. Because there are only 3 (one on each deck) they will book fast.

Archived