Mazalatan-What to do?

meliss35

Wow $12 is allot of money. Is that per person or a group?

Robb

From what I read, it is for a group, I think 4 can fit into a taxi, which is why we figured to just take the tour that includes all the stops that we want to do and not worry about it.

In Mazatlan, it is an enclosed cruise terminal. Very few folks step out of the terminal to negotiate a taxi, as the exit gates are intimidating, and the taxis are swarming outside. If you walk 100 feet further you can exit the terminal from the entrance gates where you will not be swarmed by the taxis drivers so much. A taxi inside the terminal will be much more expensive $$$.

The typical taxi in Mazatlan is open air fiberglass, and a nice breezy ride in the heat. 1 passenger in front, and 3 in the back seat would be cozy.

459887752_92722a2c6d.jpg?v=0

In Mazatlan, it is an enclosed cruise terminal. Very few folks step out of the terminal to negotiate a taxi, as the exit gates are intimidating, and the taxis are swarming outside. If you walk 100 feet further you can exit the terminal from the entrance gates where you will not be swarmed by the taxis drivers so much. A taxi inside the terminal will be much more expensive $$$.

The typical taxi in Mazatlan is open air fiberglass, and a nice breezy ride in the heat. 1 passenger in front, and 3 in the back seat would be cozy.

Is this the new location of Senor Frogs or the old location? It moved late last year.

Also I read there are regular taxis as well as these open air taxis that are called Pulmonias and are suppose to be the same price.

Found the pic on Google, so I'm not sure about the location of Frog; but I am sure that we prefer the open taxis, as a cheap Mexican taxi with a/c is a rare exception, and a Mexican cab driver willing to use a/c, as we use a/c, is even rarer; and Mazatlan is HOT & HUMID

Found the pic on Google, so I'm not sure about the location of Frog; but I am sure that we prefer the open taxis, as a cheap Mexican taxi with a/c is a rare exception, and a Mexican cab driver willing to use a/c, as we use a/c, is even rarer; and Mazatlan is HOT & HUMID

Good to know. So how much do you think the cost is from the cruiseport to El Cid area where the Senor Frog relocated?

The pic below was taken at the top of the El Cid, and the cruise port is adjacent left of the Distant hills, and Mazatlan does not "traffic flow" so well.

I think if you walked out of the cruise terminal, and negotiated softly, kindly, yet firmly, you could get it for $10, maybe less.

IMG_1437.jpg

You might ask the El Cid time share office within the Terminal about a free a/c bus ride to and back. If they won't just give you a ride; You could always ditch the time share presentation right when you get there.

IMG_7937.jpg

We don't keep real close track of cab fares as we rent one of these golf carts for $60 in the Cruise Terminal

IMG_8253.jpg

The pic below was taken at the top of the El Cid, and the cruise port is adjacent left of the Distant hills, and Mazatlan does not "traffic flow" so well.

I think if you walked out of the cruise terminal, and negotiated softly, kindly, yet firmly, you could get it for $10, maybe less.

IMG_1437.jpg

You might ask the El Cid time share office within the Terminal about a free a/c bus ride to and back. If they won't just give you a ride; You could always ditch the time share presentation right when you get there.

IMG_7937.jpg

We don't keep real close track of cab fares as we rent one of these golf carts for $60 in the Cruise Terminal

IMG_8253.jpg

Yes, we read $10 to the Golden Zone and $12 to El Cid one-way taxi. Good pics as usual.

We just got back from Mazatlan. We booked online with Puerto Adventures for the Stone Island tour with 2 water activities. I cannot highly recommend them, but then again I can't totally dog them. The tour had potential to be fun, and we did have fun, but there were some negatives too.

Archived