Liquor store in Papeete?

rberne1

Any idea where the nearest liquor store is in Papeete, nearest the pier? Considering purchasing a bottle or two of wine there for the cruise. And yes, I know Raro would be the best for purchasing wine, but DH's birthday is a couple of days before we arrive in Raro and would like to celebrate with a bottle.

Thanx!

R.

I don't know...however, we are going in January and would like to know the same answer.

Does anyone know if Grand Marnier and French wines are reasonable to buy there since it's French? In St. Bart's you can buy French imports inexpensively.

Just got back from a Southern Caribbean cruise, and found the cheapest ever GM for 17.95 a liter in St. Thomas at Al Cohen's Liquor right at the pier. Unfortunately for me, they didn't deliver it to my cabin at the end of the cruise. I was the unfortunate own. They are sending me a check back and have been extremely helpful.

really nothing is reasonably priced, since all of that has to be imported. FP isn't like the Caribbean, it really isn't close to anything. You might be able to buy the GM as a gift to be delivered to your room, they do that with some other types of liquor. CruznSuz, when in january are you going?

It is much less expensive to wait until you board the ship and call room service. Liquor can be twice the price when purchased onshore compared to room service prices.

A liter of say Vodka, will run you $20 American onboard the ship and probably twice that price in port.

Have a great cruise in Tahiti!

Archived