Transportation from Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale Airport

STEELERETTE

Hi! I need some help. I have an 11:45 a.m. departure flight out of Ft. Lauderdale airport on 6/27. Our ship arrives at the Port of Miami around 7 a.m. Will I be able to make this flight? I have to get home that day, because my son flies out the next day on a school trip. Any suggestions on cabs, limo service, shuttles and prices. I am very concerned that we will not make our 11:45 a.m. flight. It was supposed to depart at 1 p.m., but of course the airlines just notified us of this change. Would really appreciate any help at all. Thanks a bunch!!

We were very delayed getting off the ship last Sunday as there were a high number of non-US Citizens on our cruise, which is happening more and more lately. It took them twice as long as expected to get them all through Immigration. We were supposed to start disembarking at 8:30, but we didn't start until after 9:15.

It's about a 40 minute drive from the port to FLL, and that's if you don't hit traffic or an accident. The FLL airport on weekends is very crowded and there are long lines for check in and security. You'll be cutting it very close with an 11:45 flight. If you were arriving at Port Everglades you would easily make that flight, but arriving in Miami changes things.

You could book a private car transfer for around $120, or make an appointment with SuperShuttle. The only problem with SuperShuttle is if they are taking other passengers in the same van. You could wind up waiting a long time for others. A taxi could cost you around $70.

We used SAS Transportation Service. It was $15 pp each way. We had a very short wait for him to pick us up. We were connected using cell phones. It was easy. I think his name is Steve. I will use him again. 954-600-0240. You never know what could happen with the process of getting off the ship.

Archived