A cover-all shoe color?

Ta421sBtrHalf

I don't know what it is with my family and their feet, I seem to have so many problems!

So anyway a while back my mom had some steroid injections in her feet and they freakishly grew and now none of her dress shoes that go with most of her dresses fit. She has a pink pair that match a pink dress and a black pair to match her one black dress, but most of her dresses are summer colors, and she doesn't want to buy all these new shoes right now. What color will cover all summer color dresses? Thanks in advance!

I would suggest off-white, or what shoe manufacturers sometimes call "bone." Or if her summer dresses have a lot of bright white in them, white may be better.

Also, depending on the shade of her pink shoes, she may find they pass as a neutral color with some of her summer things. I once bought pale pink shoes for fun and was surprised how many things that color goes with.

Carol Louise

I agree with going with metallic. If most of her clothes are in the cool shades like blues, pinks, purples, I'd go with silver/pewter. If most of her clothes are in earthtones like olive, orange, tans I'd go with gold/bronze shades.

Jane

I posted a while back that I couldn't find a pair of camel pumps in my size (5). When I looked in my closet I realized that I had a good pair of white leather pumps that fit like a glove, but I don't ever wear white shoes, even in the summer. I decided to dye them a camel colour. The trick with this is to also buy the dye remover and get most of the old dye off first. Then tape the edge of the soles and heel lifts and lightly spray the shoes with the new colour. Several light coats are much better than one thick one. Nobody can tell that I did the shoes myself and I have the exact colour that I was looking for. The shoe repair store would have done it for me but it would have cost $40 plus the cost of the dye.

Beth

my most versitile pair of shoes is a pair of taupe pumps. if you wear stockings of the same color they go with EVERYTHING...

I agree! Taupe/beige is the way to go especially if you can find a shade that really matches your mom's skintone. I've got a cute pair of strappy taupe sandals with a kitten heel and it almost looks like I'm barefoot, so you know that should match everything!

~elli

Archived