is there still a charge for using American Express?

My friend is cruising on RCCL out of Southampton next weekend and would like to know which credit card to use:confused: on board. There is a 3 per cent charge for mastercard and visa but no mention of any charge for american express. Any suggestions or advice on this would be appreciated.

Try Visa from Capital One. I use it only for trips outside of US and does not have an exchange charge

My friend is cruising on RCCL out of Southampton next weekend and would like to know which credit card to use:confused: on board. There is a 3 per cent charge for mastercard and visa but no mention of any charge for american express. Any suggestions or advice on this would be appreciated.

I've always used American Express and never been charged extra for using it on cruises.

We used ours in 2007 when we took an Trans-Atlantic from England. We were not charged extra. However, pre cruise and in the ports shopping/eating not every business took American Express, so we did use our VISA a good bit.

I agree, Capital One. One of the best cards to use out of country. (Which ever card you choose, be sure to contact your customer service # BEFORE you leave to let them know which countries you'll be visiting. This will alleviate any "security/fraud" concerns).

• 8 months later...

Archived