EMPRESS OF THE SEAS: Virtual Tour

radiofreebc

I used to work as a Video Technician on many of Royal Caribbean's ships, and while I was on the Empress of the Seas I made a Virtual Tour of the ship in my spare time.

Empress of the Seas Virtual Tour: www.radiofreebc.com/empress/

You'll need Quicktime to see the tour, but you can find it here if the tour doesn't display on your computer:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

I think it would be great if Royal Caribbean (or Cruise Critic) hired me to do tours of all their ships...don't you agree?

-Jeff Birmingham

PS: Some of my other (flat) photos can be seen here:

http://www.radiofreebc.com

Please don't use them without my permission.

I shot the tours with my own equipment in my spare time. Most of the shots were taken late at night after changing out the movies and updating the compasses. Since I am already a photographer, the VR lens was something I was interested in on my own...and I bought one for my digital camera.

I built the pages myself, using my own laptop. None of RCL's equipment was used in the making of any part of the tour. I had the resources simply because I worked hard to be able to afford them.

As for the advertising question, I have a small google ad on the page to help pay for some of the bandwidth costs associated with something that has photos like that. NOTE: If you look closely, you will notice that this page also features one of those ads. They are very widespread, and a great addition to any page.

They really help small-time web publishers like me out, because no purchases by you are needed in order for me to make a few cents. The sites advertising are just glad you're looking at their site. That's how it works. Your attention is worth something! Even if it's just pennies, tours like this take time to build...and space to host them, so I put the ad up to help pay for the page.

So, every click does help a little. Please support my sponsors.

I hope you all enjoy the tour, and find it interesting. I enjoyed making it, and over 400 people have taken the tour. Cool, eh? I hope I can find a way to build more of these tours. I think they're very useful for people interested in what these ships really look like.

-Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I must say thank you for your wonderful tour. I have searched all over and this is the most professional. We board The Empress on January 17, 2005 for the 11 day cruise. After seeing your tour I am even more excited.

Again thanks

Peter Ohlsson

I must say thank you for your wonderful tour. I have searched all over and this is the most professional. We board The Empress on January 17, 2005 for the 11 day cruise. After seeing your tour I am even more excited.

Again thanks

Peter Ohlsson

Hey peter.....I'll be on that trip as well!

Shoot me an e-mail

Daniel.smith@realtyone.com

Archived