CAT 9A Freedom

loveJake

I have done a seach and found out about the CAT 9A. I have 7445 booked on the Freedom, chose because it is between cabin decks. But if I look at the deck plans for 8445 and 7445 they look different. Is 1 room bigger then the other or just configured different? I know that 7445 does not have a sofa, does 8445? We love the aft ever since our Emerald Princess wrap, which when we booked it was only a CAT 8B, that has since changed. Thank you in advance if anyone has stayed in either of these cabins or has any imput. We were on deck 7 last September and had no noise issues, not a CAT 9A a CAT 11

We are in booked for the same room in January 2010...with adjoining balconies along the aft with friends. This is our first cruise and hope we made a good choice in room!

I have been looking for info as well. If you google "carnival freedom 7445" some info does come up or YouTube it...good luck researching and let me know if you find anything.

our PVP told me that there IS a sofa in that room...but I trust the Cruise Critic members more and feel that there will not be! Hope my PVP has not led me astray in other areas!

have a great day!!:)

We are in booked for the same room in January 2010...with adjoining balconies along the aft with friends. This is our first cruise and hope we made a good choice in room!

I have been looking for info as well. If you google "carnival freedom 7445" some info does come up or YouTube it...good luck researching and let me know if you find anything.

our PVP told me that there IS a sofa in that room...but I trust the Cruise Critic members more and feel that there will not be! Hope my PVP has not led me astray in other areas!

have a great day!!:)

I have googled and looked at every site. Right now I can still book 8445, so I am just trying to book the best cabin.

I have done a seach and found out about the CAT 9A. I have 7445 booked on the Freedom, chose because it is between cabin decks. But if I look at the deck plans for 8445 and 7445 they look different. Is 1 room bigger then the other or just configured different? I know that 7445 does not have a sofa, does 8445? We love the aft ever since our Emerald Princess wrap, which when we booked it was only a CAT 8B, that has since changed. Thank you in advance if anyone has stayed in either of these cabins or has any imput. We were on deck 7 last September and had no noise issues, not a CAT 9A a CAT 11

I've been in both 7445 and 8455 on the Freedom. Neither has a sofa.

Both cabins are roughly the same size, just set up a little different.

Personally, we like the balcony on deck 8 better, it's slightly larger and we like the layout better.

We have never had noise or trash issues on either floor (other than the normal sea spray in the morning.)

Have as great cruise!

I have 6452 booked for our upcoming cruise. From my understanding thru my TA and the carnival website, the 2 9As on deck 6 are the only 9As that accomodate 3 people because they have couches. We wanted a higher deck, but since there are 3 of us we were limited to one of the 2 cabins on deck 6.

Tina

I have #6483 on the Liberty in February. 3 us are are traveling.

I've seen pictures and there is a couch in our room. Like you said, listen to the CC members. As helpful as the PVP's are, they cannot know every detail of every room on every ship. Enjoy!! We plan on spending most of our time with our friends on our deck.

I've been in both 7445 and 8455 on the Freedom. Neither has a sofa.

Both cabins are roughly the same size, just set up a little different.

Personally, we like the balcony on deck 8 better, it's slightly larger and we like the layout better.

We have never had noise or trash issues on either floor (other than the normal sea spray in the morning.)

Have as great cruise!

On the deck plans it looks like the balcony on deck 8 is wider then on deck 7, is that what you mean by slightly larger? How much larger are we talking here, inches or feet? What is the different set up of the cabins? I read that on deck 7 you are facing the window to sleep, is this correct? Thanks for all your help, I know I have to decide soon, or else the cabin on 8 will be gone.

On the deck plans it looks like the balcony on deck 8 is wider then on deck 7, is that what you mean by slightly larger? How much larger are we talking here, inches or feet? What is the different set up of the cabins? I read that on deck 7 you are facing the window to sleep, is this correct? Thanks for all your help, I know I have to decide soon, or else the cabin on 8 will be gone.

On deck 8 the bed faces the window, on deck 7 the window is above your head while laying in bed. The closets, desk and bed are in different places in the 2 cabins. I can't say that either one is better or worse, they are just in different places. The only thing we didn't like is where the hooks for the robes are in 7445. They were in a place that we walked by often (near the bathroom door) and we were constantly knocking them down. (they are on a side wall, more out of the way in 8455)

I didn't measure the balconies, but deck 8 has some balcony at the back of the ship, some at an angle and some on the side. Deck 7 only has the angle and the side, not the back. That extra back space was about the size of a normal balcony, so it felt more roomy to us. The area on the side is usually in the shade, so we didn't use that area much at all. The width seemed to be about the same in both to me.

Deck 8 is under the Lido deck, so you MAY hear some chair noise in that cabin. We really didn't notice it after the first day.

If we were given the choice of any cabin on the ship, our first choice would be 8455. Our close second choice would be 7445. Our travel agent has a standing order to never upgrade us out of these cabins, not even for a free cat 12.

OK, I finally decided I would change cabins, we are in 8455. I am totally satisfied. Thank you for all your help. The bed facing the window and a slightly larger balcony was the deciding factor, thank-you for your help. We spend a lot of time on the balcony and loved our aft wrap on the Emerald Princess, liked it a lot more then the CAT11 we had on the Glory in September.

Archived