Horseback riding

apost10093@yahoo.com

My friends went horse back riding in Rotan, they were disappointed.. She said they spent most of the time near the road to Tabyana beach.. A little time riding on the beach and a little time in the rain forest. Hopefully someone can fill you in on the other ports..

Hi,

Has anyone gone horseback riding in either Belize, Cozumel, Crand Cayman or Roatan. My husband wants to go horseback riding and he wants a good tour to go on.

HELP!

Thanxs,

ELLEN

My husband and I went in Cozumel a few years ago. It was supposed to be to see the "Mayan ruins". All it was were a pile of rocks! The poor horses were very skinny and I felt bad even to get on them! If you are going to Jamaica, I would save your money and ride with Chukka Cove Adventure Tours in Ocho Rios. They were excellent!

Chrissie

I just a want to thank everyone for their replies. Has anyone gone on a horseback riding tour through the cruise ship? We will be on NCL's Sun Christmas week.

Thanks,

Ellen

Ours was with the cruiseship but we were on Princess. They happen to use Chukka Cove Adventures. They were excellent.

Chrissie

I went on a horseback riding tour in Belize with Banana Bank Lodge in Feb 04. This was an unsafe tour... No helmets were offered, the saddles were too small for the riders, and the guides let the horses race back to the barn. When I tried to slow my horse, he started bucking and I was thrown - fractured two vertebrae in my back:eek: Believe me when I say Belize is not the best place to need emergency medical care:(

Thank the heavens that I can walk, am healing, and will ride again (I am an experienced rider who has three horses of my own and am certified as an equine chiropractor) This company ignored all of my requests for financial support in covering the medical expenses related to the injury. I booked through shoretrips who, last time I checked, was still carrying this tour even though I informed them of the unsafe conditions:cool:

My new motto: I only ride horses I know love me:p

Archived