Camp Carnival ?

LaurieHoffman

My daughter is 11 and my son is 13. I know he will sign up for the Circle C club but wonderingif my daughter can do that so she can be with him. I had read this was possible. Not sure if we will request this - they may do better seperated but I wanted to heck in advance. Just don't want her to be bored with younger kids ...

Thank you.

My daughter is 11 and my son is 13. I know he will sign up for the Circle C club but wonderingif my daughter can do that so she can be with him. I had read this was possible. Not sure if we will request this - they may do better seperated but I wanted to heck in advance. Just don't want her to be bored with younger kids ...

Thank you.

I actually just experienced the same situation on my recent cruise. My daughter (11) was not able to be with her brother in circle c. I think others on here have said that sometimes it works where they will move someone up but it depends on the counselors and could depend on the amount of kids on the ship. Our cruise had about 1200 kids on board!

We just got back and sailed on the Triumph. There were about 800 kids on board, and kids who wanted to be placed in an age group not of their own age were not allowed. My daughter wasn't permitted to be in the 9-11 group b/c she was 7. Very strict about their rules on age. They wouldn't even let her participate for one activity of the day so that she, my son and her friend could all be together. Out of the question. I hope you have better luck! The activities really were boring for the 9-11 group, that our kids didn't really care to go and stayed mostly with us at the pool.

We were on the Pride in March/April and there were only 17 children on the ship and 7 children aged 12 and under. They combined the groups due to the numbers. My children were aged 2 and 4 and they still did all the activities suitible for their age. Camp Carnival was fantastic!

My 13 year old was very glad to have the club without her little sister. They are together a lot anyway, and this gave them a chance to hang out and do things without the other one being around. Only problem was that the 11 year old got bored with the 9-11 yr old agenda and preferred to hang out with me. Which was very okay with me, gave me mother-daughter time with her. She might have at times wanted to be with big sister and her new found friends, but I felt she was a bit young for that group. It all depends on the child and their maturity and interests.

The bottom line is "maybe".

Carnival has these ages separated for a reason and that is the "rule"....

However for every rule, there is an exception. These exceptions are made on a case by case basis. The exceptions depend on many factors.

They deal with this on every cruise (especially during the summer time) so do not be afraid to ask.

Just understand that if the answer is no, they have a valid reason.

These Counselors want you and your family to have a great vacation and will do whatever they can to assist you in this.

The only hard and fast rules is that a child MUST be 2 (not 23 months and 29 days...LOL) and can not be older than 17. (if a child turns 18 DURING the cruise they are allowed to continue in Club O2) Club O2 15-17 is the most strict within the age groups. Circle C is second. The other ages are a little more flexible.

If you are requesting a change, just meet with the Counselors at Orientation and please bring the child you are wanting to move.

Have a great cruise!

I'm glad to see this post. I'll be taking my son on his first cruise at the end of July. He is 11 and will be turning 12 in September. I am hoping that they will allow him to move up to the 12 to 14 year old group. He is very tall for his age, and he would have more fun with the older group.

Archived