hairdryers and current-zaadaam

arkycruisers

On the Zaandam earlier this month; outside cabin (not verandah) and there was a hairdryer in the bathroom--the usual hotel one that is wall-mounted and it had a strong blower and plenty of heat. And then, in one of the desk drawers, was a hand-held dryer that you could plug in at the desk. Perfectly adequate, I thought, but my hair is short.

If you like to use a hairdryer like me, I find the wall-mounted ones are not good to use as they are pretty basic with only one setting - but good enough if you just want to dry your hair rather than style it! If there is a hand held one that would be OK but I usually take my own travel sized one with me as it has a diffuser attachment and that's what I like to use. According to the information we got last year with our HAL cruise documents, you are not allowed to use your own hairdryer or iron in the room and they would confiscate them if found - I kept it in a draw out of view in case the hairdryer police found it!

Archived