Best Carnival ship for kids???

sarahcd

We might be joining the throngs of people switching from Royal Caribbean to Carnival. I need opinions here - what's the bet ship for kids? They'll be 7 & 10 on Caribbean sailing next February. Also might have friends, who kids include a 12 year old. I like BIG ships - I get seasick. We've been on RC's Mariner and loved it.

The Dream... end of discussion...

It has an amazing Water Works area... HUGE water slides... the renowned Camp Carnival and GREAT kid food!!!

Yep... the Dream. If you weren't set on a large ship I'd say any of the Fantasy Class with the Evolutions of Fun in place...

Welcome...

:)

The Dream... end of discussion...

It has an amazing Water Works area... HUGE water slides... the renowned Camp Carnival and GREAT kid food!!!

Yep... the Dream. If you weren't set on a large ship I'd say any of the Fantasy Class with the Evolutions of Fun in place...

Welcome...

:)

Same as he said. Also the Conquest class ships are good becuase they have a huge camp carnival. But I would choose the Dream over the Conquest class ships.

check out dream. it's not out yet and will be brand new. it will be the newest ship doing the caribbean at that time, and also the biggest (130K tons).

dream will have the carnival waterworks and the biggest / most slides at sea and kids splash area, i'm sure larger camp carnival facilities, the movies on lido deck, adult serenity area, mini golf course, and more of everything else than any other carnival ship. porting out of port canaveral (orlando).

the smaller roughly 70K ton ships have similar waterworks setup, but are not 'big ships' like you said you prefer.

next to that, the splendor is the second newest with more bells and whistles, but is based out of CA so that's not caribbean... if dream itinerary / price / whatever doesn't appeal to you, check out the conquest class ships (110K tons) - conquest, glory, valor, liberty, freedom. they're the next biggest ships after dream and splendor. they've got the mini golf, kids facilities, a slide (but only one, unlike the dream and fantasy class w/ water works area), and should be a good fit. having more slides and splash area i'm sure would be preferred by kids - but i also think that kids don't care much, if there IS a water slide, if even just one - and will enjoy it just the same.

Based on ship specs alone, I'd say Dream, too. Unfortunately - and probably because it's new - it's not much less than RC. It does look great, though... I'm going to call Carnival and see what they quote me. Maybe there are other rooms available that I'm not pulling up online.

We're in Oklahoma and Florida is too far away to sail from... we left Galveston last fall on the Conquest. The kids had a blast in the hot tubs and pools and loved the waterslide. Ice cream and pizza and Camp Carnival -- the trip was great with kids, I am looking SO forward to taking them again, and CC makes it super easy to have grownup time, too. :) I was sad the Conqest didn't have the WaterWorks, but they did install a bigscreen TV on Lido deck which they would have loved for movies at night.

cheapest rate on february eastern itinerary is 2/13 669 INT / 869 OV / 1009 BL / 1499 ST (fun saver or early saver)

cheapest rate on february western itinerary is 2/6 684 INT / 749 OV / 1199 BL / 1369 ST

here's a few other options - freedom is the newest conquest class ship - and it seems significantly less $ than some of the other florida conquest ships...

2/7 WESTERN on freedom, 2/7 is 369 INT / 469 OV / 599 BL / 999 ST (early saver)

2/13 WESTERN on valor, 2/14 is 549 INT / 649 OV / 839 BL / 1249 ST (early saver)

2/13 WESTERN on liberty, 2/13 is 549 INT / 699 OV / 839 BL / 1299 ST (early saver)

We might be joining the throngs of people switching from Royal Caribbean to Carnival. I need opinions here - what's the bet ship for kids? They'll be 7 & 10 on Caribbean sailing next February. Also might have friends, who kids include a 12 year old. I like BIG ships - I get seasick. We've been on RC's Mariner and loved it.

I also say go witht he Dream

Camp Carnival- ages 2-11gray_line.gifgray_line.gif

About Camp Carnival Toddlers (2-5) Juniors (6-8) Intermediates (9-11)

Camp CarnivalIt's all in fun...Camp Carnival includes a wide range of activities designed for children in three different age groups - Toddlers, Juniors, and Intermediates. All children are supervised by staff who have experience and/or education in child-care. You'll see your child's excitement grow as soon as they meet their counselor and get assigned to their group. And when it's time to eat kids get their very own menus, featuring all their favorites like hot dogs, chicken nuggets, pizza, macaroni & cheese, hamburgers and more.

waterworks.jpgCarnival WaterWorks

Festive, fun and just down right fantastic -- Carnival Dream's WaterWorks includes a Twister Waterslide and Splash Park that's perfect fun for splishin', splashin' and slidin.' "Let's go again!"serenity.jpgcarnival_seaside_theatre.jpgSerenity Adult-Only Retreat!

Biggest Screen You've Ever Seen!

Chill out in this kid-free oasis that's the hub of relaxation aboard Carnival Dream. Take in the ocean view, hop into one of two hot tubs, or just kick back under the shade of a big umbrella. Watch movies, concerts, news, sporting events, and even watch others shake their "groove thing" on Carnival Dream's Seaside Theatre. A 12'x22' jumbo-sized LED screen with a crystal-clear picture and a 70,000-watt, easy-to-hear sound system.

Based on ship specs alone, I'd say Dream, too. Unfortunately - and probably because it's new - it's not much less than RC. It does look great, though... I'm going to call Carnival and see what they quote me. Maybe there are other rooms available that I'm not pulling up online.

February 6th week is probably close to being booked, that is super bowl week and they have a huge crowd on there that week. We are going the next week and it is also filling up fast.

It is still less than RCL. A lot of people are switiching over to the Carnival Dream becuase it is still cheaper than RCL.

I too picked the Dream, this will be the first no-Disney cruise we have taken our grandkids on. They are getting older and do not need the Disney theme anymore 8, 14 and 15. Sure hope this ship is kid friendly, read a lot of post on her where people do not like kids around. They are used to cruising, this will be their 8th cruise and very well behaved in the dining room. I booked as soon as dates were available and I think I good a great deal,. We have one of the new family rooms for 5, this was another reason why I picked the Dream, the cost was less than 2 cabins and you have the split bath like Disney.

February 6th week is probably close to being booked, that is super bowl week and they have a huge crowd on there that week. We are going the next week and it is also filling up fast.

THAT explains it! The agent from Carnival I spoke to last night couldn't figure out WHY the ship is almost sold out that week! Unfortunately, it means that week is a no-go for me. The cabin choices left are really bad - especially for someone like me who gets seasick!

THAT explains it! The agent from Carnival I spoke to last night couldn't figure out WHY the ship is almost sold out that week! Unfortunately, it means that week is a no-go for me. The cabin choices left are really bad - especially for someone like me who gets seasick!

Just wanted to say we always sail RCCL with our kids (who are 15 and 11).

My daughter wanted to take friends on a cruise next year for her 16th birthday and

we originally booked the Oasis but it was LOADS of money.

We ended up booking the Dream and are very pleased. I hope we LOVE CCL, it will save us money since we all love to cruise.

Happy planning!

• 3 weeks later...

I am so excited to hear such wonderful things about Camp Carnival! We are taking my 5 yr old DD on the Conquest the first week of June. It is her first cruise, my 2nd cruise, and DH's 3rd I think. She makes friends very easily, so I know that won't be a problem. We will spend a lot of time with her in the pools, but I definitely look forward to some adult time while she spends time in CC. I've been showing her pictures online to get her excited! :D

Archived