Do Copenhagen Taxis take credit cards or other currencies?

I have searched the board and some posters say Taxis will accept some Credit Card payment for fares, some say they won't. Can anyone give me the up to date position on this. I have UK cards will they take them? If I need local currency what is the approximate fare from the Airport to the pier?

Most taxis take credit cards, they take a small fee for payments with foreign credit cards. Taxis require you to state that you want to pay by CC when you enter the car so that the card can be processed and cleared at the beginning of the trip. (probably to avoid problems if a customer has no cash and a defective CC). Some taxis accept Euros as well, but not all. Taxis are not required by law to accept credit cards, but can be required to do so by their company policy.

• 1 month later...
I have searched the board and some posters say Taxis will accept some Credit Card payment for fares, some say they won't. Can anyone give me the up to date position on this. I have UK cards will they take them? If I need local currency what is the approximate fare from the Airport to the pier?

I had no trouble using my MasterCard. All taxi took my credit card. Though I did ask first as I got in just to be safe, and they all said yes.

Archived