Uh-oh, do Victory Aft ext bal cabins-sleep 3?

have a terrible feeling that Carnival made a mistake when assigning us (party of 3) a cabin, 8G aft extended balcony on our Dec booking on the victory:(

i specifically requested a room with sofa bed or upper berth for DS-16 yo to sleep as i have in the past

today, i found a deck plan i could actually read without squinting & it appears as though the cabin only sleeps 2:eek:

would this mean they expect him to sleep on a cot? i cannot imagine squishing one in such a small space:mad:

if it is a cabin for 2 not sure what to do:confused:...guess we'll have to drop down to one that will accommodate 3, irritating as i don't know if a military rate will still be offered.

any suggestions or advice as to when i call tomorrow?

it's not the bigger wrap balcony, just one of the afts

since the wraps don't have standard bedding for 3 i guess i don't have anywhere to go but down:rolleyes:

sigh - i don't see how they could've made this mistake!

it's not the bigger wrap balcony, just one of the afts

since the wraps don't have standard bedding for 3 i guess i don't have anywhere to go but down:rolleyes:

sigh - i don't see how they could've made this mistake!

When booking your cruise, did you get the stateroom assignment at time of booking ? Or did you book a "Guarantee" and just now got your stateroom assignment ? If the 2nd is true, this could be where the problem lies. Or if you booked a specific stateroom at time of booking, the res. agent you spoke with made a boo-boo and did not meet your requirements of a sofa bed or upper berth.

no, not a guarantee

we so enjoyed our aft balcony on the Legend it's what i 'blindly' told PVP I wanted another aft on the Victory...while indicating i needed a sofa bed or bunk for teen...never crossed my mind they'd have booked it if it only slept 2:confused:

son's a tall one, don't think he'd fit on the cot...know he wasn't thrilled with what he called 'the rock' ie sofa bed on the Legend.:rolleyes:

Update: Got thru to Carnival late last night. Understandably, with the flu/mexico situation they were very busy; yet i found it disturbing to be told my wait time would be 15 minutes & it was over 1-1/2 hours:eek:

Finally, called in on cell phone (while still holding on land line) and a nice PVP grabbed a supervisor walking by &fixed this mess!

now in balcony on Empress Deck, should be great

just bit of a cautionary tale:confused:...not sure if this was a fluke or whether they are now selling cabins that u think would normally only hold 2 guests as those for 3:rolleyes:, without indicating the rollaway as the 3rd bedding during booking process. Def not a great idea imo

i did verify that DS will now have an upper berth, which im told will hold guest up to 200#, will fit the bill nicely.

today, i found a deck plan i could actually read without squinting & it appears as though the cabin only sleeps 2:eek:

WHY don't they make it so I can read it?!?!?!? I always have to get my magnifying glass out.

So glad your problem is solved. Have a great cruise!

Archived