Do TA's honor price drops?

shabri

I am still contemplating whether to go with a local TA or a PVP from Carnival Inspiration.

If the price drops, I believe PVP honors that price. Does anyone know if TA's do?

PVPs are Carnival employees so all price drops are honored up until final payment date or until 2 days before sailing if you are booked early saver.

Many TAs will charge you to make adjustments, be sure you ask about all fees up front.

Thanks, I am booking the early saver price. So both TA and PVP have same cost. Just not sure who would help us more? The PVP has an allegance to Carnival so I feel like they wouldn't help as much. Is that correct?

Very confused. Because of the price given, it would be nice if the price dropped that we would get it.

With ES you just fill out a form and submit it for the price drop. Dont' even have to go through the PVP unless there is a problem with the form.

If you book through a TA you have to ask them to submit the form for you. Carnival will not allow you to do it yourself or talk to you about your booking if you are through a TA. Everything has to go through them.

If you have a good TA it's no big deal, they will fill it out and you will be all set. If you get one that doesn't want to be bothered you can lose out on the drop. It all comes down to how good your TA is. Some are amazing, some not so much.

I am still contemplating whether to go with a local TA or a PVP from Carnival Inspiration.

If the price drops, I believe PVP honors that price. Does anyone know if TA's do?

Before you work with a travel agency, this is one of the questions to ask them... Also, if they do handle price reductions for you, ask if there is a fee for doing the work....and, ask if they still keep their full commission.

Not all travel agents do things the same...they are private businesses; each having their own policy about these things.

Thanks, I am booking the early saver price. So both TA and PVP have same cost. Just not sure who would help us more? The PVP has an allegance to Carnival so I feel like they wouldn't help as much. Is that correct?

Very confused. Because of the price given, it would be nice if the price dropped that we would get it.

If you are not getting any price break with a TA, I would always book direct. You can control things more. If you book with a TA and have a question you cant call Carnival at 10 pm and talk to them, they cant talk to you once you book with a TA, you can only talk to the TA. Many TAs are great while you are booking but hard to reach later.

Archived