Best Gay Beach/DAYTIME spots/St. Thomas/San Juan/Grand Turk?

HLR

I know the answers will probably be "Nope...nowhere "really" Gay"...but....

Anywhere specific to go in St. Thomas, San Juan, Bermuda or Grand Turk?

So far I see "Little" Megan's Bay in St. Thomas and The Atlantic Beach Hotel [which I am told is a big nothing] in San Juan. I know that Steamworks in SJ is closed...

I suppose just the most beautiful beach reccomendations will have to do? Gay or not?

HLR

In St. Thomas head over to St. John to Trunk Bay - not gay but one of the most beautiful beaches anywhere.

In San Juan the beach in Ocean Park seemed pretty gay and is not too far form the Atlantic Beach Hotel - which isn't much. Instead have lunch at Pamela's on the beach at guest house Numero Uno in Ocean park.

I did not see much of Grand Turk as I went scuba diving but the beach where the ships dock was nice. I don't think you would find anything like a gay beach on the island.

Good start there!

Question for Trunk Bay....

We dock at 7am at Crown Bay...we set sail at 3pm. Isn't it a hassle on your own to get Trunk Bay from Crown Bay? Do we have time if we aren't the earliest of risers? Or do we just get out @sses out of bed? I just looked and there is only one ship excursion to Trunk Bay and it is for snorkeling...which I do not do.

They have an excursion to Megan's Bay...but I think hoping a cab/van would be much cheaper. Of course I've never been to Amber World! ? :) ?

HLR

Good start there!

Question for Trunk Bay....

We dock at 7am at Crown Bay...we set sail at 3pm. Isn't it a hassle on your own to get Trunk Bay from Crown Bay? Do we have time if we aren't the earliest of risers? Or do we just get out @sses out of bed? I just looked and there is only one ship excursion to Trunk Bay and it is for snorkeling...which I do not do.

They have an excursion to Megan's Bay...but I think hoping a cab/van would be much cheaper. Of course I've never been to Amber World! ? :) ?

HLR

You may want to check the Ports of Call threads for more information on how to get to Trunk Bay from Charlotte Amalie. We were lucky: out charter anchored in Cruz Bay in St. John so we did not have to deal with the ferry from St. Thomas to St. John. It seems that enough people are doing it though a 3 pm departure may make me a bit uneasy. But it is worth waking up early for and getting off the ship ASAP.

If you just want to hit a beach I think it is better to take a cab vs. excursion. The excursions don't seem to give you a lot of beach time.

Archived